Article Filtering?

Started by
11 comments, last by Michael Tanczos 11 years ago

I'd like a way to filter articles by what stage of completion they are in. That's all. :)

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Advertisement

you mean between peer reviewed and under review?

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Between draft, awaiting approval, and approved, and also between categories like programming and design, and also I want to sort them by most recently updated. So I can do something like, show only approved design articles sorted by most recently approved, or show all awaiting approval articles sorted by most recent update.

Also an unrelated question - where the heck do you set the category of an article?

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Between draft, awaiting approval, and approved, and also between categories like programming and design, and also I want to sort them by most recently updated. So I can do something like, show only approved design articles sorted by most recently approved, or show all awaiting approval articles sorted by most recent update.

I will let Mike answer whether that's doable or not (keep in mind only mods can see all the extra draft and awaiting approval articles)

As for setting the category, you do that on the right-side bar under the publishing date

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Uh, what right side bar would that be?
articlescreenshot.png

I used to have a right side bar in the forums that showed new developer journal entries and forum topics, but it went away months ago - I assumed that was a site-wide style change, but maybe not? blink.png

Also, if only mods can see the awaiting approval articles, no wonder anyone is voting on any of them. Maybe that could be extended to regular users with high reputations?

Uh, what right side bar would that be?

In the Edit Article form

Also, if only mods can see the awaiting approval articles, no wonder anyone is voting on any of them.

Well, yea, no one can vote on them until they have passed initial approval. Mike was handling that to test out the system and now I'm taking that role again and will be approving new articles into peer review

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Draft - Author, staff, and moderators can see

Awaiting Approval - Author, staff, and moderators can see

Under Review - Everyone can see

Peer Reviewed - Everyone can see

Hrmm.. I'm going to have to force that side column to not drop on the post editor for low resolution browsers.

I apologize if I'm being really dumb about this, but I don't have a sidebar in the edit article form either:

articlescreenshot2.png

Authors can't see their own awaiting-approval articles? That seems odd. What if they realize they left something out after hitting the publish button?

I apologize if I'm being really dumb about this, but I don't have a sidebar in the edit article form either:

Authors can't see their own awaiting-approval articles? That seems odd. What if they realize they left something out after hitting the publish button?

What is your screen resolution? 1024x768? Right now about 1 in 10 users have 1024x768 or lower as their resolution. GDNet requires at least 1088 pixels wide to get the full view.

Also my mistake when I wrote that response, authors can always see their own articles.

UPDATE: I addressed this problem with 1024x768.. you should be able to see the right column now.

Aha, yes the resolution was the problem and I now have a sidebar and was able to fix the category. ^_^

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement