Simple Movement With Processing+Box2d

Started by
1 comment, last by pedrogabriellancelloti@hotmail.com 10 years, 12 months ago

Hi guys :)
I'm new at Processing and I had some experiences with Box2d(but using c++).

Today I was trying to make simple movement by applying forces to a "personagem" (character).

The program compile well but the box don't move (stays static at the initial position). I think that the coordinates given by box2d aren't being transmited to the pixel coordinates. Can somebody help me?

Here's the code:
http://pastebin.com/vGmr8DCZ (personagem class).

http://pastebin.com/5DCSYhsS (Main Code).

Sorry but i've commented the code in portugues and sorry about my english :(

Advertisement

Hi Pedrog,

I found it difficult to understand some of your code, just because of the language, and i only had a minute to look over it but i think the problem may be here ?

void draw() {
  background(255); //colocamos um plano de fundo na cor branca
  box2d.step(); // a cada vez que draw fizer 1 loop,
  //sera feito um loop nas acoes da box2d
  Personagem personagem = new Personagem(20,20);
  personagem.display();
}

If this method is being called every frame, then personagem is being created at every frame, and is being passed x: 20 and y: 20 position. Thats if i read it right ;)

Hi Pedrog,

I found it difficult to understand some of your code, just because of the language, and i only had a minute to look over it but i think the problem may be here ?

void draw() {
  background(255); //colocamos um plano de fundo na cor branca
  box2d.step(); // a cada vez que draw fizer 1 loop,
  //sera feito um loop nas acoes da box2d
  Personagem personagem = new Personagem(20,20);
  personagem.display();
}

If this method is being called every frame, then personagem is being created at every frame, and is being passed x: 20 and y: 20 position. Thats if i read it right ;)

Thank you smile.png I've got it right yesterday today. The line "Personagem personagem = new Personagem(20,20);" musted be only called in setup, as all the other "class constructors", I'm having other problems that I need help, but to avoid the mess I'll create other topic.

Thanks again smile.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement