if you were to make a programing language, what would you name it?

Started by
51 comments, last by HappyCoder 10 years, 10 months ago

Since a lot of people seem to think "C+" is an actual programming language I would go ahead and name it that so it can finally be one!

Though if I were to create a language in all actuality I would call it Twig. Why? I have no idea.

Advertisement

I'd write a secure language, with a secure name you can't remember, i'd generate a guid, and so shall it be named!

I could start with a strong user base by choosing "C/C++".

I could start with a strong user base by choosing "C/C++".

Since a lot of people seem to think "C+" is an actual programming language I would go ahead and name it that so it can finally be one!

establishment of a language by mis-representing it as being apart of a pre-existing language. excellent marketing move!

who came up with the name of C(or C++) anyway?

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

who came up with the name of C(or C++) anyway?

Ken Thompson and/or Dennis Ritchie. C is named as such because apparently it was heavily influenced by the programming language B.

C++ was an expansion on C, and I'm assuming named because it is an incremental expansion over C instead of something designed completely from the ground up.

Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.

Or maybe "do a b" to make googling annoying.

o3o

Quantum C. Better code for a better world.

A general purpose C-like language designed to be used within the realm of quantum computing along with all the exciting features (variables take random values when you observe them, and so on.. just kidding happy.png). The tech hasn't been invented yet but hopefully this stuff will be ready in a couple decades. Actually, I don't know if it's possible to run a Turing-complete language on a quantum computer, but I'm sure our scientists will find a solution as they always do.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

I already have a language (which I call BGBScript, or 'BS').

technically, it is a language sort of like ActionScript3 with some more C, Java, and C# features glued on.

I had designed a language I had called 'C-Aux', which would have aimed to be "very close" (as in, "99% code-compatible") with C99 (and possibly include some C++ like features), just with some modest script-related extension features, and using a more C# like parsing strategy, but never got around to it. if implemented its purpose would have mostly just been as a C analogue which is compiled to bytecode.

otherwise, I guess a person could make a language and call it "C+=Script;" (like C with more scripting features).

(kind of lacking many 'clever' naming ideas here...).

c-up of course - because it's an extra life for c, or a power-up if you prefer.

http://www.c-up.net

I'd call it "Subjective-C", it would be a language open up to interpretation...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement