Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

SlimDX and the Visual Studio Graphics Debugger

Started by jdub Jun 1, 2013 at 3:01 AM 0 replies 1.5k views
Original Post
jdub
jdub

I am trying to debug my code in the graphics diagnostics tool provided with Visual Studio 2012. However, I am noticing that the order in which D3D function calls are made according to the Graphics Events List tab is different than the order in which I call them (or at least call their wrappers) in my code. For example, in my initialization code, I start by creating a device and swap chain, then create a viewport, and then create a render target with corrosponding RenderTargetView. However, in the Graphics Events List tab, it records that D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain() is called first, and then my Vertex Shader is created immediately afterwards. The render target and viewport are not listed as being created until much further down in the list of events.

What gives? Why does SlimDX do this as opposed to creating things in the order in which I specify them?

J.W.
Phantom Sage
Phantom Sage

This has nothing to do with SlimDX directly. It's possibly Direct 3D or your video driver that's reordering the commands.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.