We Help You Fund Your Game

Started by
19 comments, last by Alcione Haenisch Kimmons 10 years, 9 months ago

Teknaut is a crowdfunding platform that empowers savvy gamers and game entrepreneurs in the creation of innovative and exciting games. Unlike other crowdfunding platforms, Teknaut provides active marketing support for its projects.

We are currently looking for developers who need to fund their games.

Visit our Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/teknautcrowdfunding and our website http://teknaut.com/.

You can submit your idea at our website or you can write to alcionehaenischk@teknaut.com with a brief explanation of your game and how much you need. We will then contact you and let you know what is the next step to start your campaign with us.

Good luck!

Teknaut Team

Advertisement

If you have any questions, you can post them here. We will try our best to answer you quickly.smile.png

When you submit your application, please give us an approximation of how much you will need to raise.

We charge a 5% fee of the total amount you raise plus payment processing fees assessed by the payment processor. The marketing support we provide comes at no extra cost.

If you do not raise the capital you asked for, we will not charge you anything.

I hope this clarifies any doubts! biggrin.png

So, technically, the reason why I'd want to crowdfund through teknaut is because of the marketing, correct?

Given that Kickstarter is much more widespread, how do you intend to have more impressions than they do?

While I fully understand they don't 'market it', their dashboard still gives you a fair bit of a chance to be witnessed regardless, and given their userbase, it would be hard to compete with, would it not?

Also, are you USA-only?

Hi! Thanks for your question. I will try my best to answer you.

1. That is one of the reasons, yes. Have you ever tried to do a crowdfunding campaign? It is a lot harder than it sounds, and although Kickstarter is more widespread, and their dashboard gives you an opportunity to be witnessed by their users, if you don't do "a lot" of marketing on your own, your probability of getting funded is not very high. It is true, there is a lot of projects in Kickstarter that get a lot of funding, but a lot of them don't. But you never hear about the ones that did not get funded. And they did not get funded because they do not know how or don't have the means to do marketing for their campaigns. So yes, the fact that we provide marketing at no extra cost is a big improvement. When projects are successful on Kickstarter, it tends to be 0because they know how to market themselves, and not because they are posted on Kickstarter.

2. But it is not the only difference. Although Kickstarter is a lot bigger than us and their game projects usually get a lot of funding, they have a lot of different projects going on and their fans are from all types of background. Teknaut is only focused on creating a community for gaming and technology, much like gamedev.net. So our projects have access to a lot of fans who are constantly focused on gaming or technology.

3. Competing with Kickstarter is not much of an issue for the entrepreneur/developer. This is what is fun about crowdfunding. If you post a project on Teknaut you are not really competing against other projects on any other platform; you are just trying to make people who likes games believe in you. Generally, a gamer who invests in a specific game because he likes it will also invest in other games that he likes and that sound cool. So we come back to the same point, it is all about the marketing, it is all about making people hear and know about you and your game, which is something we help you with, as you already know.

4. No we are not only in the USA. We can fund entrepreneurs from any place. We are mainly focusing on USA, Canada, India, Chile, and Brazil. This gives you another advantage: we have a lot of fans from countries other than the USA.

I truly hope I was able to answer your questions. If you have any more comments or questions, please feel free to let us know!

Cheers,

Teknaut team

I've also noticed that you handle both reward-based and equity-based crowdfunding?

I haven't seen many crowdfunding sites allowing equity-based.

How exactly does it work on Teknaut? (how are equity shares determined, etc).

The JOBS Act, passed last year, makes equity-based crowdfunding legal. However, that does not go into effect until the regulatory documentation has been published by the SEC. That has yet to occur. For this reason, we are gearing up to offer equity-based crowdfunding, but we cannot actually do it yet. Once the regulatory documentation is published - which will happen in a matter of months - we will be among the first to offer equity-based crowdfunding.

How equity shares are determined depends on the regulatory documentation that will be published.

One of the aspects that will remain the same as in product-based is that the person who invests more will receive a larger share of the company.

At the moment, if a developer wants to do an equity-based campaign, we help him create the campaign and improve any aspects of his business model in preparation for when the law is published, and then when it is, we launch the project.

One of our clients is looking for an mobile app developer to help him create his game. He is going to crowdfund it, and he is willing to share the company with anyone willing to help him. If you are interested in helping him, you can write to alcionehaenischk@teknaut.com. Please put "Developer Help" on the subject line.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Teknaut

What publishing/marketing channel do you plan on using for your games in the future? Steam? OUYA? We've made mention of some great publishing channels for independent game developers here. Did we miss any important ones?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement