C++ 2D Isometric map problem
C++ 2D Isometric map problem
So you have any specific questions?
So you have any specific questions?
Ohh yeah, i could have been more specific i guess, sry about that d:
My problem is getting to "draw" / making the tile grid. in the isometric / diamond shaped way.
And ofcos getting my "64x32" sprites fittet over the grid (:
I cant really remember the function in my head, but what i'v seen so far was something like:
For(int index = 0; index < Max_rows; index++)
{
for(int indey = 0; indey < Max_Cols; indey++)
{
Drawx = (This Algorithm is where my problem lies)
Drawy = (This Algorithm is where my problem lies)
}
}
and i'm not even sure that that is even remotely correct d:
I believe you should use sprites of the same size, also you must keep a ratio difference from x to y.
This link cover is all (It wasn't me who wrote it):
http://www.gameproducer.net/2011/09/18/illustrated-newbies-guide-to-isometric-game-development/
Good luck.
I believe you should use sprites of the same size, also you must keep a ratio difference from x to y.
This link cover is all (It wasn't me who wrote it):
http://www.gameproducer.net/2011/09/18/illustrated-newbies-guide-to-isometric-game-development/
Good luck.
Ohh thanks man (:
I'll try with this one, and see if i can make it work d;
If it's specifically the coordinate conversion formulas you're having trouble with, check this article out: http://clintbellanger.net/articles/isometric_math/ It was written by Clint Bellanger, the lead developer of the FLARE (Free/Libre Role-Playing Engine) project, and it's unquestionably one of the best resources I've ever found on the subject. It helped me immensely when I was trying to figure out isometric math. :)
This gamedev tuts+ article is a really nice introduction to isometric perspective in video games: http://gamedev.tutsplus.com/tutorials/implementation/creating-isometric-worlds-a-primer-for-game-developers/ Not C++ specifically, but the underlying theory remains pretty much constant for whatever language you choose to work in.
If it's specifically the coordinate conversion formulas you're having trouble with, check this article out: http://clintbellanger.net/articles/isometric_math/ It was written by Clint Bellanger, the lead developer of the FLARE (Free/Libre Role-Playing Engine) project, and it's unquestionably one of the best resources I've ever found on the subject. It helped me immensely when I was trying to figure out isometric math.
Thanks you very much, those are some awesome links!!!
Topic Locked
This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.