I changed my motherboard getting errors on startup

Started by
11 comments, last by BaneTrapper 10 years, 8 months ago

Hello.

I have purchased a new motherboard because old one broke.

I am now getting errors on startup:
Error 917 "Front audio not connected"

Error 918 "Front usb not connected"

The real issue is that i don't have "Front audio" to connect to the board :(.

Also the usb connector are 2x 1 cable with 4 pin sticks. As far as i know i need 10(1 empty) pin cable to clear the error.

Advertisement

Your post is a bit vague.

Where are you seeing the error? When Windows loads? Did you install a fresh copy of Windows after you replaced the motherboard, or did you just plug in the same hard drive and expect it to work as before?

Where are you seeing the error? When Windows loads? Did you install a fresh copy of Windows after you replaced the motherboard, or did you just plug in the same hard drive and expect it to work as before?

First thing that i see on computer is motherboard icon "HP"

Second thing i see is the errors (So i am guessing its in bios?)

I did not install a fresh copy of windows and i expect it to work.

Everything works fine until i try to boot the windows, as soon as i issue it the computer restarts automatically.

The errors are BIOS, not Windows .

Post the part number of the new motherboard please, since just about all 'boards are unique and come with their own issues.

[media]http:

[/media]

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Only thing there is :

hp 2004 (c) hpdc hp engineering.

Instaled fresh windows, it gets up and running but!

The error for USB and Audio not being connected is still there

I have pins like this 8x of them

http://www.google.com/imgres?biw=1173&bih=756&tbm=isch&tbnid=ELNtsdp_rwYJeM:&imgrefurl=http://www.ifixit.com/Wiki/Computer_Motherboard_Replacement&docid=Vpuw_jqzYFG9hM&imgurl=http://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/VWPAQT42dWC2VMKR.medium&w=592&h=444&ei=sP8ZUrj3HIK24ASVuoGoAw&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:11,s:0,i:112&iact=rc&page=1&tbnh=179&tbnw=220&start=0&ndsp=18&tx=97&ty=49

No idea how to connect them

Quite a few motherboards are like the one in the picture you posted, and actually a have a legend printed on to the board next to where the jumpers are. If yours doesn't then read the manual that came with it. If you bought it without a manual, you will need to figure out the model number or it's very hard to help you.

edit: Also, HP do have a tech support forum. I'm sure they can help you identify your motherboard.

Quite a few motherboards are like the one in the picture you posted, and actually a have a legend printed on to the board next to where the jumpers are. If yours doesn't then read the manual that came with it. If you bought it without a manual, you will need to figure out the model number or it's very hard to help you.

edit: Also, HP do have a tech support forum. I'm sure they can help you identify your motherboard.

The image was posted to represent the pins i have. I have connected then appropriately but i still get error.

By pins i mean the plastic sqare thing that goes onto pin(gnd, data+, data-, 5v)

Just a note - all 'boards have a part number printed on them somewhere, unfortunately they can be hard to spot.

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just a note - all 'boards have a part number printed on them somewhere, unfortunately they can be hard to spot.

The only thing i was able to spot that made sense
"hp 2004 © hpdc hp engineering." It was printed in a square and didn't stand out

I have checked other motherboards and its pretty easy to spot on them.

This is the board i was looking for

"HP Compaq dx6100 Microtower PC"

From info:

""hp (c) 2004 hpdc"

"toro-I pcb rev-c"

if anyone find this post that he needs it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement