Need a link advice.

Started by
4 comments, last by Siniorica 10 years, 7 months ago

Hey guys,

I am currently writing a plot for a game in the style of Trine, but I am a little stuck. I have the beginning of the game, and I have the ending, but I dont know how to link the two stages together and advance the story in a compelling way. If you guys could help me think of ideas or offer suggestions as to how I can improve the plot at the middle, it would be greatfully appreiciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Advertisement

I have the beginning of the game, and I have the ending, but I dont know how to link the two stages together and advance ... the plot at the middle

You might want to read some good books on story writing. I recommend Joseph Campbell's "The Hero With The Thousand Faces."

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Books is what your need. If you plan to write stories, you must learn to read, first.

Actually I dont know what content to add, not how to write it. Content is in everything. I am reading Sea of Sorrows(Guild Wars 3rd Novel) right now and when im finished with it, I'll check the other book.

Actually I dont know what content to add, not how to write it.

Yes. That's what the Campbell book addresses. We cannot tell you what content to add, since you asked an open question without specifics. Another good book is The Writer's Journey: Mythic Structure For Writers by Christopher Vogle, and you could also read Character Development and Storytelling for Games by Lee Sheldon

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Well In the "Read before post" is mentioned not to paste entire pages cause noone will care to read them. I have done like 3 pages of the plot, and I am writing each of the created up to now levels. Thanks Mr. Sloper for the recommendations.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement