boost::wave problems

Started by
2 comments, last by Ryan_001 10 years, 6 months ago
I've been playing around with boost wave (a C/C++ preprocessor). I copied and pasted the 'quick start' example: http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_54_0/libs/wave/doc/quickstart.html into a simple project in VS2012 express edition, commented out the ctx.add_include_path("..."); and ctx.add_macro_definition(...); lines, and added the proper header includes and tested it.

It all seems to work fine except for some reason it hangs at the end.

I've tried stepping through in the debugger, but because it uses Spirit under the hood I couldn't follow what it was doing. Anyone played around with this before? Any ideas?
Advertisement

After playing around with it for a few hours I posted this thread, and not 30s later I figured it out. My test file had a #error directive in it (seems a legitimate thing to throw at a preprocessor to test it) which caused it to hang. Weird, but ahh well.

edit: seems any preprocessor directive (like something as simple as a #define) causes it to hang. Clearly something is awry, any thoughts?

Post a minimal code sample that hangs and one that doesn't hang.

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

The sample at the link above hangs on any macro preprocessor command (#define, #error, ect...). I eventually just wrote my own preprocessor. Does everything I need, and took less time than trying to figure out boost::wave. I'm certain I'm doing something wrong, but at a certain point its just not worth the time/effort.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement