Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

How do I record my game programs

Started by ISDCaptain01 Nov 3, 2013 at 12:54 AM 8 replies 2k views
Original Post
ISDCaptain01
ISDCaptain01

So Ive coded a few projects, and now I wanna show them off on youtube. But the probem is what do I use to record them?

I tried using the free version of fraps and it didn't work. So what to do/use?

Mink
Mink

I recommend open broadcasting software most call it OBS. Mostly meant for living streaming but I find it very easy and good for recording.

Lactose
Lactose

Depending on your PC, NVIDIA's ShadowPlay feature (new in the later versions of NVIDIA GeForce Experience) might also be an option.

I haven't tried it personally, but it might be worth looking into.

Hello to all my stalkers.
Zaoshi Kaba
Zaoshi Kaba

Depending on your PC, NVIDIA's ShadowPlay feature (new in the later versions of NVIDIA GeForce Experience) might also be an option.

I haven't tried it personally, but it might be worth looking into.

I've tried it. Haven't tested high-end games, but the ones I did test had no performance impact at all. File size depends on what's recorded though; had 4 minutes and 22 minutes of recordings, both at 1.7 GB (1080p @ 60 FPS).

3Ddreamer
3Ddreamer

Hi,

I've used CamStudio, Fraps, and Windows Movie Maker. They all work well. If you really want to take it to the next level eventually, then you might want to consider Sony Vegas.

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software.  The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game.  Completing projects is the last but finest order. </p
incertia
incertia

Fraps is well worth the money. I've been using it for 6 years now and it hasn't let me down. However, it does record lossless so file sizes are very large (4GB/55secs @ 1080p).

what

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.