Which is Best Zbrush or Blender?

Started by
9 comments, last by 3Ddreamer 10 years, 5 months ago

Google Sketchup is the best software for constructing 3d levels. It was actually used to make the levels for Drakes Uncharted. I use it personally to make the initial parts of my level. Then I import it into my 3d package to make it better (Blender). So many uses for Google Sketchup however. I use Version 8 which is free to use for commercial use (newest version is owned by Trimble now and they took that away in their licences)

Hi,

Yep, workflow pipeline strategy once again always stays in your face! tongue.png

Just as a tip: I use image plain in Wings 3D for most of my level, patterns, jigs, and rigging guides. Simple import an image plain (JPG in what I use), resize and place it into position, and you can even export/import it as part of an animated model, causing the image plain to animate in another software where it's imported. It is so easy on computer performance that I find it a great way to get high resolution animations. With some practice you can combine image plains for 3D surfaces. Image plains keep their quality for the most part after being enlarged which is another advantage. They can even be used as textured translucent or transparent surfaces by decreasing the opacity in the Material function of Outliner box. Color can be assigned in Material as well. It is a quick way to make an animated glass window or door, for example.

I will have to try the latest version of Poser! biggrin.png

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement