My Project Idea

Started by
1 comment, last by Kyle Harrison 10 years, 3 months ago

Hello everyone, just wanted to share my game idea.

Quoted from my website, input97games.wordpress.com/

The idea is to control a character in first person perspective through the ages of time, from Prehistoric, to Futuristic. When finished the game will have a multiplayer mode featuring LAN, something rarely seen in games today, of course the game will also launch with a fully featured single player mode, complete with a sandbox, and optional tutorial mode. The game will be similar to a role playing game (RPG) with somewhat a of simulator feel by trying to keep the player alive through the ages with advanced weather and warmth variables.

So what do you think?

Advertisement

Sounds interesting. Good luck for game!
BTW, what are scenarios for multiplayer mode?

My Blog(Game portfolio)-http://kripalgamer.blogspot.com/

Honestly I think you need to flesh this out a bit more. This isn't much more than a collection of vague thoughts. I cannot actually attempt to visualize what this might even look like, or play like. What are the mechanics? how do you play? Do you just live in this world? how do you influence it? what's this thing powered by? Unity? UDK? Custom Engine? What are the target platforms? Who's the intended/target audience? What's the elevator pitch?
check this out:
This is a Game Design Document template, crafted by legendary game designer Chris Taylor (known for Gas Powered Games), you don't need all of it or anything, but it's a great thing to flip through, fill in where appropriate, and chuck out what isn't applicable.
If you feel you cant find an answer for some of the more fundamental building block areas of the document, think hard about how you can answer it. It isn't uncommon to have to redo entire design docs a few times before a solid idea is laid out.
Good luck!

Signed: Redacted

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement