NVidia driver crash

Started by
2 comments, last by longlong9 10 years, 3 months ago

hello , when i use d3d9 to render video , i create many device (CreateDevice ) to render for each video,the num of device i have created may be upto 128. it can just success for 60 , then i will catch a expetion .then crash in nvidia driver. is anyone encounte this problem?

Advertisement
That is quite a big number, so I'm not really surprised. Not sure if this works, but why not create just one device and either use different viewports (when rendering to the same window) or create additional swapchains (when rendering to different windows).

Either way, I guess you will run out of device memory at some point for sure. Check the behaviour with a tool like GPU-Z and watch what the D3D debug runtime has to say.

thanks for the reply?i will try just one device?

That is quite a big number, so I'm not really surprised. Not sure if this works, but why not create just one device and either use different viewports (when rendering to the same window) or create additional swapchains (when rendering to different windows).

Either way, I guess you will run out of device memory at some point for sure. Check the behaviour with a tool like GPU-Z and watch what the D3D debug runtime has to say.

there will be another problem, for example, draw two picture to two different windows(different picture size different window size),one 1280X720 and 0ne 704X576.if i use just one device,the backbuffer's size is fixed or just up to one window. how can i deal with this problem?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement