Jetpack Race

Started by
11 comments, last by walterwhiter 9 years, 11 months ago

h8bj.png

The game is in its initial stage of development and I will be posting updates at least once a week on the Official Facebook Page. (If you like the game, don't forget to like it on Facebook smile.png )

You can test the development builds by clicking here and follow all the development proccess.

Comments and criticisms are very welcome!

My last implementation was the checkpoints, lap counter and race countown. Check it out:

ldlm.png

6buo.png

fnam.png

P.S.: Still need conceptual artist, 2d and 3d artists and sound designer for the project. No money involved.

Advertisement

Reminds me more of Diddy Kong Racing. Looks promising.

Reminds me more of Diddy Kong Racing. Looks promising.

Yes, it has some aspects from Diddy Kong Racing too.

I'm focusing three objectives:

• A gameplay like Mario Kart;
  • A visual aspect like Joyride Turbo;
  • Some game modes from Pilot Wings;

Here is the latest video I've posted:

I'll be updating the Facebook Page at least once a week. This week, I hope to have the racing counters (lap, time, position) all coded.

Maybe focus on the AI by Februrary.

CYA!

I was going to say Diddy Kong Racing, too. Looks fun! It looks like it has the potential to bring something fresh to a racing game.

Plus, I don't care who you are -- everyone loves jetpacks.

I was going to say Diddy Kong Racing, too. Looks fun! It looks like it has the potential to bring something fresh to a racing game.

Plus, I don't care who you are -- everyone loves jetpacks.

That's exactly what the game is all about! Everyone loves jetpacks, man! You got it!

Jetpack Race now has its first song ready!

Its the Victory Theme, a variation of the main theme that we'll be posting when the time is right.

Check it out:

https://soundcloud.com/jjayberthume/jet-pack-race-victory-music

The composer is J. Jay Berthume, great guy from South Carolina.

Critics and Criticisms will be welcome :)

That music really reminds me of the Duke Nukem 3D expansion pack, Life's a Beach, which is a good thing by the way biggrin.png .

That music really reminds me of the Duke Nukem 3D expansion pack, Life's a Beach, which is a good thing by the way biggrin.png .

Never heard that soundtrack before. You are right, very similar :)

I miss good old Duke Nukem :(

I can't wait to release the Jetpack Race main theme, it is just so awesome in my humble opinion. J. Jay Berthume is polishing and orchestrating it.

The game will have 10 race tracks each one with its own music also.

Good. It's always nice to have different music for each level. Adds a nice bit of variety to the overall package! Keep pushing ahead with development and keep up the effort you're putting into it!

Another update, this time on the race track:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement