Mac OsX

Started by
2 comments, last by MARS_999 22 years, 6 months ago
Hello all, I have switched to a Mac and was wondering if anyone here codes for Mac? If so I would appreciate any help. I don''t know if I should use Project bulider or Codewarrior v7.0? I am having a hard time adjusting to PB its not like MSVC++ 6.0! Also any good books would help. Also how do you go about setting up a simple cout << "hello world"; console program? It looks like to me I will have to use GUI to do it? Hope not? Shouldn''t have to I wouldn''t think! Thanks Please forgive me! =)
Advertisement
If I remember correctly, the only time I saw someone doing console development on a Mac (MacOS 9) they were using a library call SIOUX to do the console. Are there any options pertaining to SIOUX in the project settings or whatever? Remember, I''ve never done much work on Macs, so I''m far from an expert.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
Mac OS X comes with a (modified) version of gcc. For console type applications (using printf/scanf or cout/cin) You can compile from the command line like on any *nix-based OS -- just type "man cc" in the terminal for more info. (cc is Apple''s version of gcc modified to suport Objective-C)

This site is pretty centered on Windoze. Some good Mac sites with forums where you might find some help:

www.idevgames.com
www.macosx.com

HTH
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
(cc is Apple''s version of gcc modified to suport Objective-C)

Just FYI, gcc already supported Objective-C. More likely they have simply renamed gcc to cc, because cc is the standard name for a C compiler on UNIX systems.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement