Virtual Currency platforms

Started by
21 comments, last by HydraliskD 9 years, 11 months ago
So, guys. We still have no particular result). I unequivocally reject the idea develop this by ourselves, because it really would be nothing more than time and money wasting. I see only one simple way - implement ready system. Guys, who can just advice agregating platform for money input-output and circulation inside the game?

Thanks for your answers!
Advertisement
For clarity, I need smt like that but in e-money direction)

http://www.crytek.com/news/crytek-announces-its-cryengine-as-a-service-program-for-990-usd-per-month

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/03/19/unreal-engine-4-available-for-all-in-new-subscription-model/
No one is aware of any pre-built solutions for this though; unless someone chimes in with a suggestion none of us have heard of yet the options are to develop your own or not to do it at all.

Betable (linked above) provide a drop-in system for real money gambling, but not a shop or trading. Standard payment providers can help you get money in (and possibly out) of the game, but again don't provide the other features. You could implement some flavour of BitCoins as a virtual currency, but yet again this doesn't provide the other features.

- Jason Astle-Adams

I'd be interested in virtual-currency middleware too. Having an in-game economy for player progression, and/or for microtransaction support is such a popular choice in games these days... So it's quite amazing that no one is selling middleware to solve this problem easily and quickly...

I'm working on a game that requires a virtual currency now... if I can't find a product to solve it for me, maybe I'll have to make my own and also package it up as a middleware product cool.png

This start-up company just got in contact with me to try and offer their services for managing a virtual currency: http://ismachine.net/

What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?

I think I would DIY in cooperation with a trusted major payment processor.

Their company address: Hong Kong. Started in August 2013 (8 months ago) ago by another business, geexlab.net

So I look up the geexlab business details. It appears to be a nacent Russian tech startup, mostly in the business of creating businesses in other countries and also moving money around.

2Hodgman

Its a little bit difficult to understand their services from site, what specifically they offer to you?

Thanks
Ok, guys. Do you have somethink interesting for me about this stuff? I am deep in coding and endless meetings... I think time is running faster and faster... my brain gonna burn. But I still thinking about e-money and dont stop to shake a tree to find explanatory answer)

I'm not sure if it would meet your needs or not, but you could possibly look at CasualKit, which was just announced in the forums. Again, I'm not sure if it would help you to manage an in-game store, but it sounds like it may at least handle the currency part -- perhaps you could investigate further or ask in that announcement topic. smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams

2jbadams

Thanks. But how I understood from their answer they cannot help me in my own in-game currency issuing(

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement