Please remove "limited the number of new posts you can submit within a short time frame"

Started by
3 comments, last by swiftcoder 9 years, 10 months ago
Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

The administrator has limited the number of new posts you can submit within a short time frame. Please wait 32 seconds before replying or posting a new topic.

Please remove it, it's soo annoying...

At least for people with 1000+ reputation (surely those people are not spambots).

Stellar Monarch (4X, turn based, released): GDN forum topic - Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Advertisement
Not that I don't agree with you about it being annoying, but do people really make multiple posts inside of a minute?

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

but do people really make multiple posts inside of a minute?

Not if they're taking the time to read the thread they're replying to and create a well thought out reply.

Not that I don't agree with you about it being annoying, but do people really make multiple posts inside of a minute?

No, no, it's not that the error is triggered when you MAKE a post, it's triggered when you click START NEW TOPIC (actually, it's no protection at all since you can click START NEW TOPIC in several windows and then you can click POST without problem). It's actually a protection against those who carefully read their topics before they click send and then want to start a new one.

Keep this time limit, no problem, but allow opening a new topic screen (and THEN force waiting for XX seconds before you can clik POST).

What I'm saying is don't check for this limit upon START NEW TOPIC but upon POST NEW TOPIC. It will be fine then.

Not if they're taking the time to read the thread they're replying to and create a well thought out reply.
It's about new topic, not replies (actually, there is no such limit to replies, only to new topics - which really makes no sense to me, if someone want to spam he can doo it by simply replying, no need to create new topics).

Stellar Monarch (4X, turn based, released): GDN forum topic - Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

No, no, it's not that the error is triggered when you MAKE a post, it's triggered when you click START NEW TOPIC

Ah, I see. Not so friendly in that case.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement