Game/Software Dev related Podcasts or Youtube channels?

Started by
3 comments, last by GoCatGoGames 9 years, 9 months ago

Or any other nerd friendly media you would like to share :) I am looking for some stuff to listen to as I wind down.

I thank you in advance.

Advertisement

I'm interested in game dev podcasts too. I find reading the "regular" news boring. Currently I get gaming news from http://www.gamenewshq.com/

If you iTunes and whatnot, take a look around for board game design podcasts. While not exactly what you asked for, you'd be surprised at how much they discuss design principles and game mechanisms that certainly work in the digital world. Plus you might find a tabletop game you'd like to try!

Try:

The Game Design Round Table

The Dice Tower

Indie games are what indie movies were in the early 90s -- half-baked, poorly executed wastes of time that will quickly fall out of fashion. Now go make Minecraft with wizards and watch the dozen or so remakes of Reservior Dogs.

A lot of great podcast I've found don't seem to be making new episodes. However, I really enjoyed "The Game Design Theory Podcast" They analyze a lot of classic/popular games and discuss the meaning of a lot of terms used in game development.

I should start a podcast. I am looking for new ways to procrastinate and make zero dev progress. tongue.png

Indie games are what indie movies were in the early 90s -- half-baked, poorly executed wastes of time that will quickly fall out of fashion. Now go make Minecraft with wizards and watch the dozen or so remakes of Reservior Dogs.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement