Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

GDI+ support on linux

Started by knos991 Sep 4, 2014 at 8:46 PM 2 replies 14.1k views
Original Post
knos991
knos991

As far as I know GDI+ is a Windows-only API, anyway I've read around that one might write his code in GDI+ and be able to port it to linux with something like this:

Is this true? Does anyone have experience of GDI+ applications that can also run on linux?

SimonForsman
SimonForsman

As far as I know GDI+ is a Windows-only API, anyway I've read around that one might write his code in GDI+ and be able to port it to linux with something like this:

Is this true? Does anyone have experience of GDI+ applications that can also run on linux?


https://www.winehq.org/docs/winelib-guide/winelib-introduction

Yes it is sort of true, if your windows binary will run with wine then your windows source code will most likely compile using winelib aswell (Making porting quite a bit easier)
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
Fiddler
Fiddler

GDI+ is available on Linux through http://www.mono-project.com/docs/gui/drawing/. It only makes sense to use from C# - if you are using C or C++ there are much better options available.

[OpenTK: C# OpenGL 4.4, OpenGL ES 3.0 and OpenAL 1.1. Now with Linux/KMS support!]

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.