Best coding music?

Started by
23 comments, last by d000hg 9 years, 7 months ago

I think Beethoven's 6th. Makes me type faster and with more gusto.

Advertisement

I listen a lot of game music. There is a lot of this kind of music on youtube. Sometime I listen techno music but I never listen music with lyric when I'm coding

The soundtracks to "Sim City 3000" and "Sim City 4" are fantastic for coding. Upbeat enough to keep things lively, but not distracting.

I also find Trent Reznor's soundtrack for "The Social Network" can be pretty good. Some of it is upbeat, other tracks are a bit darker or more subdued, making for nice variation.

I listen a lot of game music. There is a lot of this kind of music on youtube. Sometime I listen techno music but I never listen music with lyric when I'm coding

What I was going to say. Sometimes listening to the hyrule overworld theme reminds me what I code games for and it really motivates me to keep pushing forward.

My current game project Platform RPG

For whatever reason I can't listen to any music while coding. All my attention gets sucked into the music.

Fast-paced music without lyrics (lyrics are too distracting). I personally listen to various kinds of trance (Ovnimoon, Lyctum, Mindwave, Nimerix, Frost Raven, etc).

Mirror's Edge soundtrack! Also Clearside's first album.

Heavy metal for me. Especially video game metal remixes.

Makes me type faster and with more gusto

I'm picturing typing with gusto laugh.png

Bach's Brandenburg Concerto # 6 is good for easy code,

and then I listen to Yellow Magic Orchestra when I need to do some real work.

Yellow Magic Orchestra has lyrics but they are usually in Japanese so It isn't too distracting for me.

Stay gold, Pony Boy.

Just like there is no such thing as the best language for programming there is also no such thing as best coding music because every programmer is different. I see it recommended time and time again to listen only to music that is instrumental, but I prefer to listen to soundtracks from my favorite movies (Rocky Horror Picture Show, Ghostbuster 1 & 2, etc.).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement