I need opinions on a DX8 wrapper...

Started by
11 comments, last by Corillian 22 years, 5 months ago
I am writing a base game framework that wraps DX8.0 for a school project and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in using or looking at it? It will be OO (object oriented) and shall incorporate things like font support, 3d model support, a console, basic initialization and application creation, input, and maybe a GUI. All of these things will be modular so that you can just use 1 or 2 classes in your own project without having to worry about dependencies on other classes. Any input and/or ideas are most welcome. If enough people are interested I will release an early version so people can (constructively) critisize it. =)
Advertisement
I would be highly interested.. please use DX7 in it as well for my slower puter..

I use Dev-C++ and a wrapper sounds great

I fseek, therefore I fam.
I'll give you a beating like Rodney King who deserved it!=====================================Any and all ideas, theories, and text c2004,c2009 BrainDead Software. All Rights Reserved.
I do not think I am going to add DX7 but I may port it to OpenGL if, once again, enough people were interested.
I would be interested in the DX8.0 (long as it is workable with Dev-C++ ..

*Don''t ya just hate playing engineer when all you want to be is a mechanic?*
I'll give you a beating like Rodney King who deserved it!=====================================Any and all ideas, theories, and text c2004,c2009 BrainDead Software. All Rights Reserved.
Well, I will distribute it as a MSVC++ workspace but you can just take all of the source files and it should work fine w/ Dev C++ as long as Dev C++ supports the win32 platform SDK.
i would like a sample too
for vc++

btw, do you have a bsp ??
if you want, i could send u a bsp which is self
contained .. (all the classes have no external linkage)

you just need to set the direct 3d device .

{ Stating the obvious never helped any situation !! }
bsp as in a bsp tree? I do not have one of those =)
I''d be interested in the bsp class too. Pretty please

Neil
I''d be interested in the bsp class too. Pretty please

Neil
WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD RUN WILD ON YOU?!?!
I am interested as well.

Never is a long time!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement