sprite progress

Started by
5 comments, last by st0ven 22 years, 5 months ago
hehe... capcom just hired me to do some of their sprites for a new game. ok... so they arent for capcom at all... but its for a game in production... Rivalled Reign. the main character (currently being redone) is gonna go through sidescrolling levels and kick some major ass using a unique blend of street fighter quality fighting moves mixed together with some 'crouching tiger, hidden dragon'-esque attacks, plus, as you gain experience... you will be able to learn new attacks and combos. throw in alot of fancy patricle effects and a comprehensive, yet compelling story line... and youve got RR. ok now that im through with that antic, how do ya guys like the spritework? website can be found at www.neonstar.net sorry for all the mods... forgot how to image link (again) Edited by - st0ven on November 8, 2001 10:41:58 AM Edited by - st0ven on November 8, 2001 10:43:32 AM Edited by - st0ven on November 8, 2001 10:49:56 AM
Advertisement
VERY NICE!!!

I wish I could draw
Lookin good. You should do some animations if you have time. Be cool to see em in action.
very nice... is that going to be the in-game size? cause they look kinda small to me...

..lemme see... just browsing your page.... can´t say much by the screenshots... parallax scrolling would be cool, and if you´re using dx8 you might just as well (have already?) put some hardware accelerated effects into it.... the backgrounds and the huts look horrible (dummies i guess), and i want to see some animations.

thats all i think, looks like it could become a really cool game.
sh*t hot! damn, where do you even start with images like that! I''m having real problems designing a simple little spaceship typa thing.

Very nice, going to look at the web site now...
"Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own." - Lee Jun Fan
Hey man! great sprites. I''ve never done sprites, but think they must be real dificult to do. too much patience involved, i think it''s not for me; but anyway, i''d be interest in knowing a bit on the process you used for creating them.
I''ve been looking at the sprites, and my only complaint would be that the first character''s face just doesn''t seem to fit the overall character. It''s too egg shaped, and the facial features very weak. I think you should go for a character with slightly stronger facial features. Also, the hair is boring (just an impression of my own, it may be because i like manga so much and all that spiky hair and stuff), and also doesn''t stand up well against a dark background (the hair). If it was me i''d certainly upper the root of the hair (mmm, is it caled like this??)
Well, anyway, just my opinion, hope it helps
thanks for all the input guys... ive done a couple more sprites in the meanwhile. check it out? thanx

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement