RenderDoc - Weird output signatures

Started by
3 comments, last by Migi0027 9 years, 4 months ago

When debugging an app to figure out a bug, I saw this:

uzSVrzf.png

And in my opinion this seems strange, why would it only use those specific channels in the output signature ( which are the complete opposite of what was used in the input signature )?

Or perhaps I'm misinterpreting what I'm seeing.

Thank you.

FastCall22: "I want to make the distinction that my laptop is a whore-box that connects to different network"

Blog about... stuff (GDNet, WordPress): www.gamedev.net/blog/1882-the-cuboid-zone/, cuboidzone.wordpress.com/

Advertisement
Judging from the source code, looks like a 1:1 a dump from D3D shader reflection. "Used" in that view seems to be ReadWriteMask from D3D11_SIGNATURE_PARAMETER_DESC. It's actually confusing (quoting the docs):

Mask which indicates whether a given component is never written (if the signature is an output signature) or always read (if the signature is an input signature).

Emphasis mine. Flags or bools with negative meaning are bad wacko.png

Wow that's crazy, I didn't realise it had a different meaning on output signatures. I've fixed it so that it's not so confusing :).

That was quick. Thanks. biggrin.png

Nice tool, by the way.

Wow, that was indeed quick! Thank you!

FastCall22: "I want to make the distinction that my laptop is a whore-box that connects to different network"

Blog about... stuff (GDNet, WordPress): www.gamedev.net/blog/1882-the-cuboid-zone/, cuboidzone.wordpress.com/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement