Hello everyone,
So today I was watching this stream about making a games from scratch. And he was talking about OOP and how bad it is. Now I did not fully hear what he was saying, because I tuned in to the stream a bit late, so I missed the beginning of his talk. But from what I understood is that OOP is bad.
So I went ahead a Googled "object oriented programming languages is bad" and I was shocked that there are people who actually hate OOP. Now I'm not that experienced in programming. I graduated from college three years ago and I only have five years experience in programming. Its not a lot but I would say I'm an ok programmer. Now in all these five years of programming I have only used four programming languages, C#, Java, python and C++. My favourite one out of all four is C#. Its easy. It has a nice syntax and overall its served me well.
So my question is, How and why do some programmers think OOP is bad? and why do some say if you are using OOP you are a bad programmer? I don't understand since every language I have used is OOP based and that's what I was taught in college. It absolutely makes no sense to me.
I'm really confused. Can someone more experienced than me please explain?
Do these programmers hate OOP because of a genuine reason or is it like your grandpa when he would say "In my day we used to do so and so, but now you kids have it easy". is that it. I'm genuinely confused.
[Added]
for anyone who is interesed in hearing what Casey actually said about OOP here is the link. He starts talking about OOP at 12:00 min and then stops then starts againg at 18:45 min