Indie games and marketing - Question

Started by
0 comments, last by Hodgman 9 years, 1 month ago
Hey everyone!
We have been working on a little action adventure MMORPG over at Thrive Games called Dragon of Legends (www.dragonoflegends.com), and we are currently getting ready to take this to the crowd-funding platform.
I have never done anything like this, nor am I a marketing genius. I'm a developer. I can make games real good. But what's the point of a good game if no one knows about it?
So - I was wondering if anyone in the community has some experience with the marketing of an indie game. Could you provide some resources, advice, or if you did your own crowd-funding campaign, hearing your own take-aways from that experience would really help us out.
Thanks
Advertisement

My office is next door to an indie games marketing agency... so when the time comes for me, I'll probably just throw money at them to get these answers wacko.png

What I do know is that there's a huge number of Crowdfunding campaigns that fail because no one ever discovers them. Having some kind of marketing/advertising budget is important.

Having a good press kit, is a good start - so if a journalist wants to write about you, all the information is already collated for them.

If you already have a community, they're a powerful resource. Try to get them involved in the campaign somehow.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement