Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Forward vs. Inverse Kinematics

Started by Swilam Mar 12, 2015 at 1:57 PM 0 replies 2.7k views
Original Post
Swilam
Swilam

Hello Guys,

I still remember my first days with game development (which was around 5 years ago). I still remember how complex it looked to be a game developer. Physics, math, graphics, animations, modeling, and programming. I think being a surgeon is much easier.

Not only this, but you as a new game developer, will find yourself surrounded by many terms and concepts that you have to grasp very well to survive in this field.

After going into all this, I decided to start a new channel on youtube in which I will keep posting videos that explain the complex game development terms and concepts to new game developers to make their lives easier.

My latest video which I just published today explains the difference between forward and inverse kinematics, watch it here:

If you like the idea, don't forget to subscribe to the Game Anatomy Channel to be updated with future videos, and share the video if you like it.

And I'm looking forward for hearing about your constructive feedback, so if you have comments (good or bad), please let me know.

Thanks,

JangoBunBun
JangoBunBun
I find this really helpful. Though, if I may make some suggestions:

* Add subtitles. Your accent makes it hard to understand at times, and YouTube subtitles aren't the best...

* Continue to use more popular games as examples. I've noticed you referencing popular games, like Angry Virds and Cut The Rope in your "Game Genres" video.

* Focus more on the development process. IE how to select a genre an idea would fit best in, evolution of ideas, the development team, er cetera.

That's all I could think of, for now. I may add other stuff later. And sorry for my formatting. I'm on mobile, and haven't quite memorized the formatting.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.