Section for Metal?

Started by
22 comments, last by wintertime 8 years, 11 months ago

There are subforums with 300 replies, but you want to merge the 3rd (4th if including the lobby) largest subforum having 300000 replies with the 5th largest having 175000 replies?

Advertisement

There are subforums with 300 replies, but you want to merge the 3rd (4th if including the lobby) largest subforum having 300000 replies with the 5th largest having 175000 replies?

It's not about quantity, its about logical separation of topics.

When someone arrives at GameDev, which is more important: that the quantity of threads in each forum is load balanced, or that they can easily figure out which forum is relevant to their topic?

Why dont you merge the "build system and source control" tools with the other tools in "API and Tools" instead, to gain a slot? They are much smaller than the D3D and OpenGL forums.

See above. I'm not trying to keep the number of forums the same, I'm trying to reduce potential confusion.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

It's not about quantity, its about logical separation of topics.

When someone arrives at GameDev, which is more important: that the quantity of threads in each forum is load balanced, or that they can easily figure out which forum is relevant to their topic?

It's not the quantity we're interested in, it's the rate and the ability to find relevant topics. If threads are sliding off the front pages rapidly, that's not helpful.

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

Well, if someone arrives new, a good thing to do is read some existing threads. If the new person would need to skip several pages of threads related to DX when looking for something about OpenGL or the other way around, its less likely they do that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement