the survey

Started by
7 comments, last by LennyLen 8 years, 7 months ago
There is this kickmeupinstant survey sponsored link here again, and I can surely tell that back then for the first time, some moderators went saying it would not happen again :)
Advertisement

I'm not sure what you're remembering or if you may have misinterpreted something, but it has always been the official position of the site that we would be interested in participating again.

When we ran the previous survey the site was actually in trouble financially and wouldn't be here today otherwise. Since then we've been working to improve things, but still aren't where we really need to be to ensure long-term survival. These sponsored surveys are an excellent way of boosting the site's income with minimal hassle to our members, and we would much rather run them when the opportunity arises than have to try plastering more ads around the site (hell, ideally we'd love to have a lot less!) or other more intrusive methods.

Due to the urgency of the situation with the first survey we did make use of a full-screen interstitial directing members to the survey, and that's something we do want to avoid unless absolutely necessary.

If you have any specific feedback about things we could do to make any future surveys less intrusive (remembering that they do need to be highly visible to do us any good!) or more palatable for you please do speak up though -- unfortunately we have limited control over the surveys themselves, but we can at least take on board anything that might be possible from our end, and pass on feedback to the company who runs the surveys.

- Jason Astle-Adams

When we ran the previous survey the site was actually in trouble financially and wouldn't be here today otherwise.

Do what needs to be done to keep the site going is my only opinion when it comes to sourcing finance options.

I've got nothing against survey. Just sad that entering it said I did not qualify ;)

I don't mind the surveys. They're really easy to ignore.

I'm just glad GameDev.net doesn't have those in-text advert links.

I'm just glad GameDev.net doesn't have those in-text advert links.

We did try those briefly back when they were relatively new, long enough ago that I'm pretty sure it was before I was even a moderator - they were wildly unpopular and annoyingly intrusive, and so were removed after a short trial.

They're one of the more intrusive options we'll be trying our absolute best to avoid ever using.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Just sad that entering it said I did not qualify ;)

Yeah, that's unfortunately one of the more annoying things about a survey - they're after certain numbers of people from various roles and demographics, and we aren't given a lot of information about that and aren't allowed to share most of what we do, which leaves us blindly directing members to the survey to be screened out.

- Jason Astle-Adams

The update says 18 more people from Australia. Do we even have that many professionals from Australia on the site? I know we've got several and I assume they already took the survey, 18 more seems like a lot.

The update says 18 more people from Australia. Do we even have that many professionals from Australia on the site? I know we've got several and I assume they already took the survey, 18 more seems like a lot.

I attempted to, but I got cut after the first question.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement