*hello*

Started by
9 comments, last by brightening-eyes 8 years, 6 months ago

im making a game engine i keep getting a collect2.exe error im using dev-c++ and i have been trying to fix it for like 2 days now

Advertisement

We can't read your mind. Post the actual text of the error message you're seeing.

We can't read your mind. Post the actual text of the error message you're seeing.

oh shit sorry should i put the compiler log?

H:\Sengine stuff\TestEngine\collect2.exe [Error] ld returned 1 exit status

25  H:\Sengine stuff\TestEngine\Makefile.win recipe for target 'TestEngine.exe' failed

More than that. There should be a series of errors and warnings and notes.

Start at the beginning of the errors and warnings, then give the next five or ten lines including all the cryptic messages you may not understand. Usually the first error is the cause of multiple others, and other times the later lines give a clue to the actual problem.

Just out of curiosity what version of dev-c++ are you using?

Certain versions like bloodshed c++ don't ship with a recent compiler and won't compile anything recent such as code containing the c++11 standard...

More than that.   There should be a series of errors and warnings and notes.

Start at the beginning of the errors and warnings, then give the next five or ten lines including all the cryptic messages you may not understand. Usually the first error is the cause of multiple others, and other times the later lines give a clue to the actual problem.

i started remaking it in visual c++ but there were undefined references too but that was it

Just out of curiosity what version of dev-c++ are you using?

Certain versions like bloodshed c++ don't ship with a recent compiler and won't compile anything recent such as code containing the c++11 standard...

yea its the bloodshed v5.9.2

More than that.   There should be a series of errors and warnings and notes.

i started remaking it in visual c++ but there were undefined references too but that was it

My advice here is don't use bloodshed. It is as antique as grandma's tea set.

You wont be able to do anything in it involving recent code. What's more it has unpatched security vulnerabilities which will never be fixed.

If I were you I would try and get it working in visual studio. The community edition is free and has no real restrictions for single developers, being identical to the professional edition.

If you get errors in vs, please paste them here and we will try to help. Until then sorry, I can't help with an ancient compiler much as I don't have one available! :)

As stated you could use Visual C++, the community edition, Codeblocks, or if you just want to stay with Dev-C++ you could try the Orwell Dev-C++ [http://orwelldevcpp.blogspot.com/] which was just updated in April 2015.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement