Fix Your Parents' Mindset - Why Games Are Important?

Started by
4 comments, last by AnnaMarie 8 years, 5 months ago

Hey guys,

Most people [ especially parents :) ] consider playing games a waste of time. The next time when your parents tell you stop playing games and go to study, show them this video:
I hope they will change their minds :)
Advertisement

Of course this means they have to watch a 3 minute video.

Why are games important? It takes any technology 30 years to be publicly accepted. Television, movies, radio, it's all the same.

The technology comes first, and then the useful stuff comes next. It's been 40 years, and games are picking up.

It's important, then, because it is a major technology, and the technology comes first.

Between the narrated powerpoint slides and the completely unsourced statements with no evidence or real justification, that was just painful. Did you make this? If so, you've gotta work on presentation and structure.

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

Crazy thought, but what if our parent's mind sets are correct?

Crazy thought, but what if our parent's mind sets are correct?

I see kids glued to smartphones these days and I'm just like, nooooooo. I've become what I hated...

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

I have to agree that without any sources to be cited or referenced everything you presented appears to be nothing more than a personal opinion.

But honestly the only thing I remembered from the video was trying to be sold a Unity tutorial or something.. which I am not saying don't promote your product but, if you are going to show that video to your parents that's the first thing they will see.

Followed by, potentially, a quick lesson in sales pitches, and then off the computer and get to studying. No amount of Starcraft 2 or interactive competitive rubix cube games are going to teach you Calculus.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement