AI for Hockey

Started by
0 comments, last by Xipe 24 years, 3 months ago
I have been SO pissed at that shit that EA Sports throws at us and calls hockey for a long time now so I feel like exploring the AI involved to see what could be done if you intricatly know hockey. Any pointers at what types of AI routines to look at and any available resources would be very helpful. Thanks!
--There is only one basic human right and that is the right to do as you damn well please, and with that right comes the only human duty; the duty to take the consequences.-- P.J. O'Rourke
Advertisement
Your best bet for this kind of situation is a Finate State Machine. You would proably want to use fuzzy logic variables in the machine, as well. You can have varying degrees of "truth" to several variables, and then switch states (pass, shoot, etc, etc, etc) depending on the relative state of the variables. I''m not a big hockey person, so I''m not sure what variables would be appropriate to quantify the situation.
You might also look into the A* algorithm (or it''s cousin the SMA*) for best-path determination.
Hope this helps.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement