Animal-like AI

Started by
1 comment, last by polyfrag 7 years, 11 months ago

Basically, I want to create an AI that emulates emotion, even if doesn't REALLY have any emotions. The idea is to give an AI semi-random 'tasks' based on it's experiences, and have it create 'relations' with other entities. Rather than length written text, I think a graph, and a mach up of the structs should be sufficient to explain my current path. What I came here for is for ideas on what all I had forgotten.

public struct Relation
{
   int trust;
   int obedience;
   int admiration;
   int timeKnown;
   int timeAway;
   Entity target;
}

public struct Task;
{
   bool complete;
   int id;
   Entity cause;
   Entity target;
   int timeDelayed;
   int importance;
}

public struct Entity
{
   gameObject root;
   Relation[] relations;
   int happiness;
   Task currentGoal;
   Task[] previousGoals;
   int pain;
}

muRkwKE.png

This isn't by any means supposed to be a truly intelligent, or even emotional AI. I just want it to, from an outside appearance, have around the same level of emotions as a dog, or a cat. What all things do I need to add to status' fields? Are there additional structs that should be made? Is my entire model wrong? I will gladly consider any and all feedback.

Advertisement
This is the wrong way to go about building a model of a simulation.

You need to start with concrete requirements - i.e. specific things that you want the AI to do. What does it even mean to have the emotions of a dog or cat? How does that influence their behavior? How will the player observe these simulated emotional states?

Those are the kinds of questions to begin with. Once you know what the observable effects of your AI should be, it becomes much easier to build a model that actually produces those effects.

What you have now is... ambiguous, I guess. Maybe it does what you want, maybe it doesn't. But cramming features into a code sketch is not going to get you a good result either way.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Maybe have light and minerals that they seek. The most you can do is a multi-cellular sponge intelligence.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement