Can't render 2 triangles in a basic DX11 example

Started by
0 comments, last by rekotc 7 years, 11 months ago

Hello everybody,

I'm following this tutorial, where they show how to setup a simple dx11 demo with a green triangle in the middle. I'd like to be able to modify it so that it shows 2 triangles instead, in order to do this i modified the code of the Graphicsclass.cpp in the tutorial by adding some lines to the Render() function, just after the first triangle is drawn, like this (the code i added starts at //ADDITIONAL CODE):

[...]
// Put the model vertex and index buffers on the graphics pipeline to prepare them for drawing.
m_Model->Render(m_Direct3D->GetDeviceContext());

// Render the model using the color shader.
result = m_ColorShader->Render(m_Direct3D->GetDeviceContext(), m_Model->GetIndexCount(), worldMatrix, viewMatrix, projectionMatrix);
if (!result)
{
return false;
}

//ADDITIONAL CODE
// Reset the world matrix.
worldMatrix = XMMatrixIdentity();

// Translate to the location of the second triangle.
translateMatrix = XMMatrixTranslation(1.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f);
worldMatrix = XMMatrixMultiply(worldMatrix, translateMatrix);

// Put the model vertex and index buffers on the graphics pipeline to prepare them for drawing.
m_Model->Render(m_Direct3D->GetDeviceContext());

// Render the model using the color shader.
result = m_ColorShader->Render(m_Direct3D->GetDeviceContext(), m_Model->GetIndexCount(), worldMatrix, viewMatrix, projectionMatrix);
if (!result)
{
return false;
}
//END OF ADDITIONAL CODE
// Present the rendered scene to the screen.
m_Direct3D->EndScene(); 

But the second triangle doesn't show up, i also put the complete example on github in case you want to try it yourself. I'm sure i'm missing something pretty basic but i can't figure it out.. i'm going crazy.

I love to learn new stuff about computer graphics and the DirectX APIs.

Advertisement

Ok, i was able to find a solution somehow, you can find it here https://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/121867/load-2-triangles-in-a-simple-dx11-example/

I love to learn new stuff about computer graphics and the DirectX APIs.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement