"New Content" - "No new content found"

Started by
6 comments, last by jpetrie 7 years, 10 months ago

I've noticed recently that when I click the New Content link, and see multiple pages of results (today, I see three) I can't actually click on the links to jump to pages two or three (of the new content results, not of the resulting threads) or to view the next page. All three take me to a page that says "Sorry, no new content found."

I first noticed this while viewing the site on my phone and thought it was related to that, but it turns out it happens on my desktop machines as well (both Chrome and Safari, Windows and Mac).

Advertisement

Works for me just fine. (Win10 / Chrome)

68a912cfdb.png

These clicks took me to the correct pages of their respective threads.

I use that method of navigation every now and then (most often from 'Watched Content'), and it has worked fine in the past as well. I vaguely recall getting the "Sorry, no content" message once in the past from those links, but that was quite a while back.

Is it working for you now? Maybe it happened that the server was just going particularly slow, and sent back a "No content" page from meeting some internal max time threshold for returning a response. </random shot in the dark with no evidence>

These clicks took me to the correct pages of their respective threads.

Those aren't the links I'm talking about. :) Those links work fine, I updated my original post to hopefully be more clear.

I'm talking about the ones at the bottom of the list of threads, the "Pages 1 2 3 NEXT" buttons:

[attachment=32528:screenshot.png]

Those ones also work for me. The numeral page buttons, as well as the Prev/Next buttons.

6a410b8159.png

Just to be sure, I tried the buttons at the top of the page and the ones at the bottom - they all work on this computer (Win10 w/ Google Chrome).

Here's the link to the second page of New Content results - does the link itself give you the "Sorry, no content" message?

Here's the link to the second page of New Content results - does the link itself give you the "Sorry, no content" message?

Yup. It does it quickly, too, so while I like your theory that it is some kind of DB timeout issue, I'm not sure that's the case because I see the page basically instantly.

Also, it doesn't happen if I log out and view the site anonymously or as a regular user, so it appears to be related to some kind of group shenanigans. I suspect anybody else in the Moderators group might see the same thing.

Well, that's weird.

So it's (possibly) not a server issue, if it works fine for me.

And it's (possibly) not a computer issue, if it doesn't work fine for you on three different computers running different OSes and browsers.

Local CDN issue? :huh: Unlikely.

I don't have a clue - sorry I can't be of more help beyond that. :mellow:

Yeah, I think it needs staff to look at it. I can't administer my own group.

I cycled the content type filter on the right through every available option, and it reproduced for all of them.

When I cycled it back to forums, at the top, it stopped reproducing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement