Taxes management for flash games

Started by
1 comment, last by dpadam450 7 years, 8 months ago

Hi. Right now the only thing i want now is a pizza everyday :D . and here starts the logical chain -> make game > realese game -> profit :D.
Ok if seriously right now i making flash game using action script 3 in flashdevelop(kinda weak with tools ,but free for commercial use). Artwork seems to be good with copy right, engine seems works, sounds are great and about 90% of game are done. and time came to ask myself a question about profit part. You see it's my first game and i kinda "green", gonna post it on armorgames.com , ofcourse i didnt talk with they staff-memeber so i still dont know all things about sponsorship and dont even know if they agree to post it or pay any money, because lets agree all first games are ""Shitty"" :D. But lets take the following scenario: they posted it, i got money for it, and lets assume all of them got to paypal. And now here comes the main question: can i freely translate money to my home-country bank? because in some way those money are ""earned from job"" and general rule says ""you shoud pay taxes from your earned money to country"". ofcourse every country have it own laws, but i looking for most common scenario. (if it helps i live in Lithuania(small country near Poland and Belarus)).

If I said any nonsense, be free to point it :D .

good day

Advertisement
The money won't be converted "freely" (in that there will be exchange fees). If you make any money, yes,
you'll have to pay taxes in Lithuania. There are several ways one can make taxable income. You mentioned
"money from job." That's taxable, of course. If you make money from your game, that's business income,
and that too is taxable. Assuming Lithuania's tax laws work the way most countries' tax laws work.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

If you sell a product in EU on your own, I believe you will have to collect VAT tax for the consumers country or yours. If you are making a business deal with a company that is selling your product or paying you for a service, then no, you don't pay income tax in their country, just yours.

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims http://www.pawlowskipinball.com/pinballeternal

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement