Eager Java or Visual Basic programmer looking for a hobby project

Started by
0 comments, last by Jh62 7 years, 7 months ago

Hi,

I'm looking to start developing games of all sorts of styles. I've done a lot of little projects by myself in the past but nothing ever majorly polished off or published anywhere so quite keen to get my head in to something with an actual plan!

I'd quite like to create a 2d side-scroller adventure game. My weakness has always been my patience when it comes to drawing and animating sprites so I often ended up just working with stickmen just so I could test gameplay.

So sprites and sound effects/music would be required. Thoughts on story/script can be thought up later. I think the first step we could get together the gameplay and monster sprites/AI, player animations and magic spells and stuff like that, developing like a test area in the shape of some kind of battle arena where random monsters can spawn in, a bit arcade style! And then a full game with a story could be built from there.

Advertisement

I also program in Java using LibGDX. I just released my first full game (you can see link to it in my profile).

I'm interested in doing something, I don't care what as long as I like the idea. Motivation is all.

Contact my if you have something in mind.

By the way, I never worked in a team before and I have no idea how the organization or development works with a bunch of people.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement