SWARMED: Zombie-themed RTS / RPG looking for survivors [art / writing / code]

Started by
4 comments, last by gammis 7 years, 5 months ago

logo-horizontal2.png

What?

SWARMED is a Zombie-themed hybrid that draws inspiration from many games and genres.

• Single player, 3D graphics and adjustable top-down camera - old-school RPG / RTS feeling
  • Take control of a core group of survivors after the outbreak
  • Encounter Zombies that are a real threat. Whatever you do: don't get swarmed!
  • Build a safe zone anywhere with a highly flexible build system: campsite, lighthouse, school, or a fence a whole village!
  • Grant asylum to other survivors that you meet and make them a part of your community
  • Achieve sustainability in your safe zone and go on supply runs with your survivors

If you wanna compare it to other games, we love Dwarf Fortress (though we have no illusions that SWARMED will reach the same level of complexity), roguelikes, old-school point & click RPGs and real-time strategy games. We aim to cross genre-borders here and there and give some twists to the old Martinis every gamer has been drinking since the 1980s, metaphorically.

Development

The game is being developed in Unity. The core team of recently founded indie-studio Three Eyed Games currently consists of floAr and my humble self, based in Germany. We are both coders in our mid-20s with professional experience in developing interactive 3D applications with Unity. We have worked together on many small indie games and know what we can and cannot do.

SWARMED will feature both a 'free-playing mode' and a campaign with mid-sized maps that leads the player through a story while explaining the gamplay and introducing him / her to the survivors: a core group of 5 'hero' characters the player starts with (each one a detailed character with backstory, hopes and dreams), and more 'heroes' (total not more than 20) that the player can meet on the journey. In addition, randomly generated NPCs (less detailed and not directly controllable, similar to the way Dwarf Fortress handles its dwarves) can join your safe zone (if you let them ;-)).

We plan to release a few 'origin' prototypes that showcase individual gameplay systems and meanwhile give a gentle introduction to one of the characters you will meet in the game. We are currently working on the first one that will showcase the build system. Get in touch and we will provide more details and a playable version.

Hey, you!

I seriously think you should join the fun! We are looking for:

• 3D Artists- Both our shacks and the dead guys' faces could use some plastic surgery, so no matter whether you consider yourself an 'environment' or 'character' artist, we'd love to hear from you!
  • Writers - We have a bunch of characters to detail and a story to write ahead of us. We have one guy [He's called the Lord. Seriously.] working on this, and some basics are laid out, but I'm sure he'd appreciate some help. Right, my Lord?
  • Coders - If you know your way around Unity / C#, get in touch! Coding is going great so far, but there's more enough work to do.
  • Anything else - You're intrigued by the idea and think you can contribute in some way? Great! Get in touch!

Please drop me a message or contact info@three-eyed-games.com

Cheers!

Daerst

Advertisement

It is funny I was actual thinking about a game very similar, and even came up with the same name.

How is it coming for you guys so far. Still open positions?

We've got a solid team of writers and coders - what's missing is the artists, mainly.

messaged you via mail

I know you said you guys are good for writers, but if anything does come up, I'd be happy to try lending a hand. Not gonna lie and say I've got loads and loads of experience, but I can write. So yeah, if there's anything I could help with, feel free to hit me up

I make music and I like to help your project! Send me a email when and if you are interested: axel.ovekrans@gmail.com

also, check out my stuff at: gammis.se

LUV ZOMBIE GAMES!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement