Sign in to follow this  

Programming GUI controls in a video game

Hey everybody I'm back again with more fun stuff that I'm attempting to solve.  So at this point in the project I am trying to figure out GUI controls and just to clarify what I mean by this, I want to have a screen in the game where the player can turn the volume up or down, and possibly make it so they can select a resolution, also I will have a screen where they player can set key bindings and I want to display labels and Boxes they can click on and then press a new key to bind to that action in the game.  I'm trying to figure out the controls creating sliders, and labels, etc... I'm not opposed to using a library I just want to make sure that if I do use a library that it will work on other platforms like game consoles I'm also not opposed to attempting to program it myself even though I know something like this can be a very daunting programming task.

So I guess I'm looking for advice on this topic, any ideas for libraries that will not have any licensing issues in a product put out on the market for sale and or just some ideas for how to do this.  I'm doing research on the topic and I'm attempting to find the answers myself but not finding much out there which I'm guessing may be due to my google searches.

Any and all helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

Hey sorry for not clarifying some stuff OK this is a game engine that I'm making myself I am writing it in C++ and using DirectX 11.  I am using the DirectXTK library for the sprite batch features as well as the audio and input features as well.  As of right now I'm attempting to design it out myself but I know this is going to be a very daunting task so if there are any good libraries out there that I could implement into my engine I would love to hear about it.