Kallen 3d [alpha] feedback and critics

Started by
40 comments, last by Ayrin Greenflag 6 years, 1 month ago

Some more feedback:

1. It is difficult to target enemies. It seems like the player model is in the way. Maybe it should be possible to target enemies through the player? It seems like the player sometimes moves instead of attacking.

2. Can't do anything after you've died. Maybe it should be possible to revive in town or restart the game?

3. Dungeon should either have different music or no music at all. Town's music just doesn't fit dungeon.

4. I fought against skeleton archers and they seemed to take damage for no reason.

5. It shouldn't be possible to see dungeon pieces far away from player. https://s30.postimg.org/dxvhlo71b/Untitled1.png

6. There was a huge wall blocking my way and i couldn't go anywhere else. https://s30.postimg.org/fbn4gz6ap/Untitled.png

7. A quick way to return to town would be nice. Town portal scrolls? Player could start with some of those.

8. It's really easy to die at start. Maybe the player should start with some potions?

9. Undefined next to how much something costs in temple shop.

10. Bow sometimes shoots multiple arrows in a row. Maybe bow should be more accurate at start?

11. Floating trees at the edge of the town map. Player also doesn't correctly touch the ground at some parts in town map.

12. Sometimes dungeon has invisible walls.

Advertisement

Hello again and thanks for this feedback, some point i can reply

1.Yes player is in the way expecially with goblins that are smaller, have to find a way for raycast to go through the player, for now if u keep the shift pressed the player stay still and u can attack the target

2.Yes i will do that in the next update

3.Totally agree i will turn it off for now in dungeons

4. I thought i solved that, will check that again

5.Yes that are the tiles, will turn that off

6. OOOps i forgot to tag the wall i built at the side of the lake to plant trees :P

7. Yes that will be added but not so soon i guess

8. You find a potion in village near the rangers guild, if you solve a quest you can buy a armor or potions as you prefer....will do a quick items bar where player can place potions or scrolls (when i will make scrolls too)

9. Yes i will remove it

10 i thought i corrected that...worked a lot on arrows and bows...sigh will check again

11 Will check the trees..for player i guess it's unavoidable for now...irregular terrain cause sometime that the collision box touch with a vertex so the model float a bit,

12.Uhu...will take a stroll in dungeon and try to understand what cause that...never noticed before.

Fixed point 6 and 12

Deployed version 0.0.17, now is possible to restart in town after death (cost 200 crowns and need some test), Added small shield model. Music now change when enter the dungeon, fixed enemy quest invulnerabilty. Edit: just fixed a bug when sell items to shop.

Something is broken with movement.

Clicking somewhere far, hero does some twitching moves, like broken walk animation, and after few seconds stops completely without reaching destination.

Uhm i don't have this kind of problem trying move around much for some time now...and everything seems work fine...can you try it again and see if give the same problem thanks

Update: dungeon made faster

Version 0.0.19 deployed

Added locked doors, key, hunger and thirst bars now works, but you don't receive damages if they drop to zero yet. Waterskin and more food added too. Not yet implemented the search function will be done lately. When you approach a closed door or a fountain an icon to drink or open the door will be displayed. Comments are welcome.

Hello again, now you can sleep (with a rug in your inventory) in dungeon or outdoor (there you need also a tinderbox to light a fire). Thinking of a way to implement crafting, suggestions are welcome.

Version 0.0.21 deployed. New player stats, new combat system (need adjustments), added crafting system (just a scratch). Let me know what you think. Enjoy!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement