I also had a dream of joining the army, and thus I decided to "make games" as a last resort.
I was 6 at this time, now 17, after recently being told I suffered with Aspergers, the army dream died before it started.
Hence why I am here, my way of thinking with "making games" as a living has died down slowly. as now I know it's not just about designing a game, make it and DONE! (I wasn't a smart child)
Yet I would like to pursue this other dream of mine, not as a functioning job, but more of a hobby, one problem though.
I have no experience on coding/design/using engines like unity,unreal
At most I made simple silly choose your own path "games" on power point
anything along those lines I was homeschooled for most of my childhood, and the option of college is out, due to travel problems.
As for online courses etc, all I've found is ones you need to pay for, and I don't have a job yet. I've searched around on this site and while I've found sheets of code people needed help with, none of it makes much sense ?
Is there any links or advice you could give me to point me in the right direction.
Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong topic or whatever new to this site ???