Tell me please about your sound habit, englishmen

Started by
1 comment, last by LoverSoul 6 years, 11 months ago
Hello everyone.
Could you please tell me and give an advice, how should I make voices for my characters. Im speaking about such things as "Accent", "speech style" and "catch phrases". Because I live not in the english speaking country, for me its very hard to find a person, who speaks english like true American or Britain person, and very hard to make him interest to become a voice of my project.
Tell me please, does it will be too bad, if my characters will speak english with accents, or where I can find a cheap english voices for my characters. Also where I can find some sort of "catch phrases list", because I want to make my characters more emotional and understandable for player.
Thanks you.

Advertisement

A "catch-phrase-list" won't do, because it will sound like you used a "catch-phrase-list". Watch some british television, and if, against all odds, after that you still want to continue down that dark path ... voice-actors that can do proper british can be found where ever voice-actors can be found. and good ones aren't cheap (and shouldn't be). /snark-off

Are you sure you can't go without voice-acting for the time being?

It's either pay someone to do it right or don't do it.

You can make you characters deep and relatable without any dialog at all. There are many ways to tell a story.

I think through all the options. I just wanted to ask, maybe there are ways that I do not know about, cheeper secret ways, and even wanted to know the attitude of the players to the presence of an accent in the soundtrack.

For myself I do not notice this at all, it even becomes nice when games are spoken in my language instantly.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement