Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

music

Started by untalkative_monkey Dec 2, 2001 at 12:33 PM 16 replies 800+ views
Original Post
untalkative_monkey
untalkative_monkey
What kind of music are you people into? I''m into punk and ska..... and some hardcore. Do tell, do tell. ...go on and live with no regrets, you only have one life...
...go on and live with no regrets, you only have one life...
MarkyD
MarkyD
For some strange reason, none.

If I hear some music that I like, then so be it. I''m not into any particular type of music, though.

~ There''s no substitute for failure ~
GuyJohnston
GuyJohnston

Classical and Country

Mozart one minute Travis Tritt the next.
Adulthood is the vehicle for making you childhood dreams come true.
griffenjam
griffenjam
I''m into punk and ska too. Also some rap, and classic rock, and quite a few others. But mostly punk and ska.

Jason Mickela
ICQ : 873518
E-Mail: jmickela@sbcglobal.net
-Making "alot" a real word one paragraph at a time.-


-Can''t sleep, clown''ll eat me, can''t sleep, clown''ll eat me.
untalkative_monkey
untalkative_monkey
Jason, from what I know, California has one of the best punk/ska scenes around. Do you go to many shows? What are some of your favourite bands?

...go on and live with no regrets, you only have one life...
...go on and live with no regrets, you only have one life...
PointSoft
PointSoft
Cali is an awesome place dude. :-P I''ve moved all over, and my favorite place is Cali. :-)

I listen to PunkRock some PunkRock-Rap-Alternative stuff... Like Linkin Park. I also like the soundtracks from Video Games and those songs that have been comming out with the Final Fantasy Series lately. I''m weird, my genre of music spreads all over... Doesn''t really stay into one particular area. BLINK182 ROCKS! :-)

Alex Ford
PointSoft EA Co., Ltd.
http://www.pointsoftonline.com
griffenjam
griffenjam
Yeah, the Bay Area (where I live) has a huge scene going, theres a show every weekend at alot of places. Lately I''ve only been going to see my friends'' bands play, just did last friday. But I go to good shows that I hear about.

I like Naked Agression, Skankin'' Pickle, Operation Ivy, Rancid, Common Rider (saw their SF show), NoFX, Tilt, Dropkick Murphys, Bouncing Souls, Tsunami Bomb, and may others. Also old school AFI but I can''t stand their new stuff, (almost everything after Answer that and stay fasionable == new stuff) to me.

If you want to check out my friends band the soundtrack to the game MotoRacer 2 is done by them and my cousins band.

Where are you from, and what bands do you like?

Jason Mickela
ICQ : 873518
E-Mail: jmickela@sbcglobal.net
-Making "alot" a real word one paragraph at a time.-


-Can''t sleep, clown''ll eat me, can''t sleep, clown''ll eat me.
JonnyQuest
JonnyQuest
Straight edge! (ever heard of Minor Threat, etc.?)
which means I listen to most variations of punk, ska, but also strange stuff like Radiohead, Muse, etc.
Some Austrian and German music too (all some form of Rock music)

And yeah, I play the bass and sing in a band (we play German rock and some punk stuff, too)

Greetings,
JonnyQuest (the Tweedledee guy)
~phil
Rudan
Rudan
Looks like I''ll have to clear things up here. Nine Inch Nails rules!

But really, I listen to most things from classical to metal. Well, except rap. And punk (damn, I''ll be flamed now). Lately I''ve listened to unhealthy amounts of Frank Sinatra. And yes, I am weird...
-----------------------------Reporter: Are they slow-moving, chief?Sheriff: Yeah, they're dead. They're all messed up.-Night of the living dead
draqza
draqza
We had a thread like this a while ago, but I don't remember the link for it...here's a similar topic on 0to1's boards tho

http://0to1.community.everyone.net/commun_v3/scripts/thread.pl?MessageID=3511440&NodeID=296808&view=standard

--


WNDCLASSEX Reality;
...
...
Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;
...
...
RegisterClassEx(&Reality);


Unable to register Reality...what's wrong?
---------
Dan Upton
http://0to1.org
http://www20.brinkster.com/draqza

Edited by - draqza on December 3, 2001 3:30:56 PM
WNDCLASSEX Reality;......Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;......RegisterClassEx(&Reality);Unable to register Reality...what's wrong?---------Dan Uptonhttp://0to1.orghttp://www20.brinkster.com/draqza
draqza
draqza
Ah. Here are some others, on GDNet:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=64070 - Whats your type? started by outlawartist

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=58276 - what kind of music do u like? started by mad_hatter

and a somewhat relevant post...

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=57938 - Why are all good bands evil? started by Densun
WNDCLASSEX Reality;......Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;......RegisterClassEx(&Reality);Unable to register Reality...what's wrong?---------Dan Uptonhttp://0to1.orghttp://www20.brinkster.com/draqza
griffenjam
griffenjam
I''m straight egde too, but don''t really listen to minor threat.
I listen to some Frank Sinatra, and Judy Garland. And They Might Be Giants and Wierd Al.

Jason Mickela
ICQ : 873518
E-Mail: jmickela@sbcglobal.net
-Making "alot" a real word one paragraph at a time.-


-Can''t sleep, clown''ll eat me, can''t sleep, clown''ll eat me.
nes8bit
nes8bit
quote:
Original post by Jimmy The Nose
Marilyn Manson is a genius.


uhh...

---------------------------------------------
Forcas
Forcas
Hmm... some good bands are Incubus, Sigur Ros, and Godspeed You Black Emporer.... old Radiohead is good, also.

Oh yeah... I forgot to mention Tenacious D. THey''re the best band in the world.

-Forcas


"Elvis is alive. He is Barney the purple dinosaur. He is the pied piper that leads our children into the wages of sin and eternal damnation."



-Forcas writeln("Does this actually work?");
draqza
draqza
Tenacious D is okay, but... I wouldn''t even come close to calling them "the greatest." Marilyn Manson does some okay stuff, but I wouldn''t call him a genius.

Now, if you want musical geniuseseseses look at bands like Tool/A Perfect Circle and NIN. Although NIN is kinda pushing it, I know.
WNDCLASSEX Reality;......Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;......RegisterClassEx(&Reality);Unable to register Reality...what's wrong?---------Dan Uptonhttp://0to1.orghttp://www20.brinkster.com/draqza
Visionare
Visionare
Majority of the music I listen to:Aphex Twin, Third Eye Foundation, Oval, Orb, and other IDM bands.

However, my loves are: Frank Sinatra, Elvis Costello, Daniel Ash(solo guy from Bauhaus), Morbid Angel, and other completely different bands.

-Visionare
Hopeful Purveyor of the Open Source Community
-Visionare

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.