• Advertisement
Damian Oslebo

Cool Idea for Hololens (Hand Tracking)

Hey all, I have a cool idea for the HoloLens.  I have one but would like to collaborate on an idea.  I was hoping on doing some additional hand tracking, not sure if it is entirely possible without writing custom gesture controls into the SDK.  I have one and have coded a few apps on it already but would like to work with other folks who have access as well.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Damian

Advertisement

What kind of additional hand tracking are you thinking of?

(I was on the original HoloLens team back at Microsoft)

That is so cool that you got to work on such an innovative product!

I made a small demo with boxes to track both hands using InteractionManager.GetCurrentReading() and sourcePose.TryGetPosition(out Vector3) in an update loop.  Worked easier than I thought it would.  I want to make a Roboraid type game but with Megaman blasters and Robot masters.

Unfortunately, looks like the FOV of the HoloLens isn't that great and the models tracking the hands get cutoff on the boundaries of the FOV. Maybe I will toy with it some more and place a gun model on one of the hands and see if it is a non starter.

I put together a quick demo of the blaster idea:

Got to play around with the update priority of the hand tracker to make it a little faster. Actually feels a little bit more intuitive than the "eye bullets" from Roboraid.  Is there anyone out there interested in the idea?