Forge Networking Sync Animations

Started by
3 comments, last by hplus0603 6 years, 3 months ago

Hey so, i need help in how to sync animations using Forge Networking i tried sometings but nothing

Advertisement

We're going to need more information than that.  You tried what?  And what did you expect the outcome to be?  What have you done to debug the issue?  Etc...  The more information the better.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

9 hours ago, Mike2343 said:

We're going to need more information than that.  You tried what?  And what did you expect the outcome to be?  What have you done to debug the issue?  Etc...  The more information the better.

I tried doing on an RPC call, sync the bool variable, but nothing i want so that the animation of the character sync between every client and server

I assume every animation has a "current play position" parameter, to allow seeking?

When animations start playing, and while they're playing, you should probably keep sending packets of "animation X is playing, at position Y when the game time is T." On the client, receive those, and make sure the animations sync up to animation-position / game-time. When animations stop playing, of course send a packet saying they aren't playing anymore (and, if you're using lossy packets, keep sending until you're sure the client knows.)

enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement