The best way to recruit beta testers

Started by
6 comments, last by Tom Sloper 5 years, 10 months ago

Hi there,

according to you, what's the best way to build an early adopters community for a mobile game ?
Our game is actually developping, and we only have some artworks to share (as the attached picture).

Thanks for your feedbacks !

ML_new_banner.jpg

Advertisement
1 hour ago, Ded Seb said:

what's the best way to build an early adopters community

The subject line of your post says you're looking for beta testers. Yes, that could be rightly a Production/Management question. But now you're asking something completely different - building a community is more of a Marketing (Business) question. This may be in the wrong forum (the right forum for the subject line, but the wrong forum for the actual question, depending on which question is more important to you)...?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

You're right, I asked 2 different questions :

1. how to recruit beta testers for my game ?
  2. How to build a community before the launch (and I can post it in the marketing forum) ?

If you can answer to the 1st question, you would be great :)

8 hours ago, Ded Seb said:
  1. how to recruit beta testers for my game ?
  2. How to build a community before the launch (and I can post it in the marketing forum) ?

Item (2) is generally how you go about achieving item (1).

If you want unpaid beta testers, you have to get them invested in the game and it's eventual success. That's mostly a marketing problem.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

On 06/02/2018 at 1:29 PM, Ded Seb said:

You're right, I asked 2 different questions :

1. How to recruit beta testers for my game ?

If you can answer to the 1st question, you would be great :)

I agree with Tom Sloper and swiftcoder. Solving the second question would get the first one to be solved much easier. Anyway, I have a few suggestions on how to find beta testers and somehow engage the formation of a community:

• A well-made blog to share the progress of your game is a way to take the attention of explorers. Some games such as Stardew Valley "built" a community through players from other Chucklefish (the publisher) games and after having a look around the blog and the forums got interested in following the progress and joining the community.
  • Development progress video reports are also of satisfying visibility to your project.
  • Create, share and organize a Discord server. This means having a text channel for beta testers to talk about the game, share development blog posts and more. Example.
  • Offer your beta testers a reward. I'm not talking about in-game items, but their name on the credits or a special weekly blog post thanking their efforts.
  • Twitter is also a great way of sharing your game. You're able to befriend other developers and promote blog posts.

pay them some shitcoins, they will flock, they will do documentation, they will do great work

Necro. Locking thread.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement