Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Turn based space browser game Conquer the Galaxy searchs developer

Started by CtG_Cologny Mar 18, 2018 at 9:06 AM 12 replies 5.2k views
Original Post
CtG_Cologny
CtG_Cologny

Hi, I'm Heiko, the project manager from our Browser game project which was closed for one year because of missing developers. This is my last try to awaken the project, before i delete all the files...

I'm always so disappointed when i install a game app and after a few days or a short playing time they want to force me to do ingame buys to make me stronger or faster. Our game is not to make money, it is for players which like to have the same chance as all others. So this means also, thyt our game will not bring a lot of money to us, but we do this as a hobby and because we like to play browsergames.

We have spent more than 1000!! h in our game but we need one or two developers which do the programming part now.

We have all the necessary grafics as png format (or each other format can be prepared fast).

We have already two sounds: https://soundcloud.com/elnur-matov-shami…quer-the-galaxy

We have the compelte game concept (not tested in detail of course) and all the necessary game layouts

As we start now new with porgramming, the programming language is free to choose.

If you like to join our team please contact me.

Best wishes from germany Cologne,

Cologny


Login1.JPG

Turorial_klein.png

2017-04-14 Handbook.pdf

Anthony Cao
Anthony Cao

Programming i cannot do, but for the money issue I can help you with marketing strategies... Even tho thats never the intentions of browser developers in the first place, they always somehow gets egged on to do it.

You did spend 1000+ hours on producing this.

Anthony Q Cao
CtG_Cologny
CtG_Cologny

Hello, it is a little bit confused, but we don't start from zero. Our dev checked our old server and what he already did one year ago and found out, that he has did more than he expected. I don't know it in detail and why, but so it is much more better.

We have already the database nearly comleted and also the command center page. The map is in work.

We used HTML, JavaScript, CSS and RubyonRails for the communication.

We need some help to prepare the planet windows as shown attached. This is not the final design, but nearly, we are over working it meanwhile...As written above, all grafics are available as png-files.

Best regards, Team CtG

2017-02-15 Planet window.pdf

CtG_Cologny
CtG_Cologny

Hello, just now any dev who is interested to join our team?

Best regards, Cologny

nikitas
nikitas

Hello,


I sent you a pm.

Cheers,

Nikitas

CtG_Cologny
CtG_Cologny

Hello, we are searching for someone, who like to join our team. ?

Regards, Cologny

SillyCow
SillyCow

Hello,

Gutten Tag!

This sounds interesting.

I am a developer based in Europe, and I am experienced in programming browser based multimedia projects.

I would be happy to discuss this with you.

My questions:

  1. Is this game free? ( I noticed you said it was not intended to make money)
  2. If it is free, would you be willing to make it opensource (it would be easier to get people to work on it)
  3. Is it a desktop game? (Browser games for mobiles are much harder to make)
  4. Is it multiplayer?
  5. Is it real time? (how long is a turn?)
  6. Is it massively multiplayer?
    • is it a single persistent universe, or is it made up of separate game rooms?
    • Would you need a sophisticated lobby?
  7. How many people are currently working on this game, and how did you start?
    • Are you friends?
    • Are you students?
    • Are you all located in the same city/country?



My Oculus Rift Game: RaiderV My Android VR games: Time-Rider& Dozer Driver My browser game: 
CtG_Cologny
CtG_Cologny

Hello SillyCow

nice to hear from you. Im excited to have won your interest for our project, you asked very good questions ?

I will answer your questions:

1. Yes, my intend is, that the game is free for everyone. At least one game (One opne slot) is always free to play a game. If you like to play more than one game, you can unlock other 4 slots for a small amont. We don't want to make money with this.

2. What do you mean with open source. I know the word, but i don't know how to bring it to open source. i think someone should have the complete overview and make decisions...but why not if you show us how it works ,-)

3. First stept is desktop game to test the game. If its work (where Im very sure), that we can think about a mobile version.

4. Off course multiplayer! And you can built alliances to play together.

5. No real time. Turn based. Turns depends on the players wishes. From 1 Day to 3 Days. But if all players send their orders, the turn end immediately, so it will be gone very fast in the beginning...

6. Definetely seperate game rooms with up to 25 or 40 players (We have to test this). We will have a command center with global chat.

7. Actually we are 1 Dev (28, Berlin), 1 art director (42) (Layouts), 1 grafik guy (46, Krefeld), 1 sound composer (25, Baku), 1 manager and game author (me, 44, Cologne). All freinds of me only the dev and the sound composer I knew about this game. We stay all in Germany (Cologne/ Berlin)

The project is actually stopped for a while, because the dev can't do all the things by himself. We need one more dev who like this kind of games and will join us.

We can talk about discord if you like, i can explain and show what we actually have.

Best wishes, Cologny

CtG_Cologny
CtG_Cologny

Hi there,

we are still searching for a developer who like to join us and finalize this game with us.

No dev here, who is interested to know more ybout our game and have a little bit time to raise his reference list? ?

Best regards, Cologny

CtG_Cologny
CtG_Cologny

Hi, to complete this.

We have built up the database with MySQL. The first few game pages with HTML and CSS. The Server side ist progammed with JavaScript and RubyOnRails.

No one out there who like to join our team?

Best regards from Cologne!


Simdev
Simdev

i can help with audio


simdevhere.blogspot.com
CtG_Cologny
CtG_Cologny

Hi Simdev, thank you for answering, but we have already a composer who will start immediately with the gamesound, if we have a running version. He needs to know how the game is, before he compose the sound.

But thank you very much! ?

I start now to learn programming by myself, what is a very very long way, but its funny...Better is i found one dev who likes to join us ?

Cologny

Euthyphro
Euthyphro

Heiko, I messaged you on Skype numerous times asking about the project over the past two years, but I never received a reply--likely because you do not use Skype. You sent me a great game across the world. I would like to show you what I have accomplished recently, and I think you will be impressed, and I still think I am the guy you want on your team.

You seem determined to make this work, and I would like to make you a fast web-app using JavaScript, MySQL, PHP, and perhaps Node.js. I mean fast in two ways: light-weight and a production-ready game built quickly.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.