Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Looking for Collaborators

Started by Regeniversity Jun 28, 2018 at 2:21 AM 6 replies 2.3k views
Original Post
Regeniversity
Regeniversity

summary:
looking for someone (preferably skilled in C#) to make a low poly 3D, dark, dream-inspired, exploration game (with some survival qualities) with me using Unity 5.

I've posted here before, and have been working on and off on a few different games for a long time (started making games in middle school and have gone in and out of it over the years). none of which I've finished, since I haven't found anyone to collaborate with so far and my projects always become too big to finish alone. but this time I'm very determined to make something that I can actually complete, and I think I need to work with at least one other person for that to happen. coding is not my biggest strength so someone who is good at coding would be fitting. I've been working with C# in Unity mostly so far. but I'd be glad also just to work with another artist or world builder. I have some stuff made already specifically for this new idea and I have older stuff that can be adapted for this project as well, so I'm going to be organizing and adding to an asset database for this and then start world building.

this wouldn't necessarily be a long game but I want it to be meaningful and have moments where the scenery makes you feel like you just opened an I Spy book (or the better offbrand books that had crazy complicated fantasy worlds to find things in) for the first time as a kid. I haven't decided yet how strong of a narrative I want there to be, relative to the exploration focus of the game, but I definitely want there to be some narrative discussing some pretty deep philosophical things... which we can get into more if anyone is interested.

anyway, if anyone is interested let me know!


LatchGameDev
LatchGameDev

Hello

So i'm also a Unity C# programmer and have worked on a few different projects over the years and I used to be where you are. So i was thinking we could work together and get a project done in 3 days. I find the best way to find out if you work well with someone is to... well, work with them. So I was wondering if you'd want to collab on a 3 day game jam like project. I was aiming to have this take place this weekend or next. It would start on a Friday. Depends on everyone schedules since I already have a music composer on board. So let me know if you want to and which weekend works better.

My Past 3 Day Game Jam Projects
https://latchgamedev.itch.io/

From
Nick / Latch

Regeniversity
Regeniversity
3 hours ago, LatchGameDev said:

Hello

So i'm also a Unity C# programmer and have worked on a few different projects over the years and I used to be where you are. So i was thinking we could work together and get a project done in 3 days. I find the best way to find out if you work well with someone is to... well, work with them. So I was wondering if you'd want to collab on a 3 day game jam like project. I was aiming to have this take place this weekend or next. It would start on a Friday. Depends on everyone schedules since I already have a music composer on board. So let me know if you want to and which weekend works better.

My Past 3 Day Game Jam Projects
https://latchgamedev.itch.io/

From
Nick / Latch

Hey Nick, thanks for the reply!

I would really like to do that, though I don't have regular access to wifi so, even though I have plenty of free time to work on it so either weekend should work equally well for me (I currently am living nomadically off of money I saved last year), I wouldn't be able to communicate as frequently as I would think would be appropriate for a game jam type of situation.. that said, I'd still be glad to be part of it. low poly 3D art, world building, and sound design are the things I have most experience with.

LatchGameDev
LatchGameDev

Nomadically, You doing that whole home in a van life? Always been interested in that myself. Do you happen to be around the Illinois area?

Regeniversity
Regeniversity

Sort of. I made a sleeping platform, bed, and a little counter/kitchen shelf in a 1st gen Scion xB. got a portable propane stove and.. yep.

I'm in the Pacific Northwest right now looking for a place in the mountains to build a home and people to do it with..

much smaller and more inconspicuous than a van I think, and gets 30mpg ? not that I actually intentionally picked this type of vehicle but it works

280px-2006_Scion_xB_.jpg

also, if you have discord and want to add me on there I'm Regeniversity#3369

LatchGameDev
LatchGameDev

Oh dude you're close to me right now. I'll message you on discord or pm on here if we can't get connected there.

Newfang
Newfang

Guys, I may be wasting time by responding but if you need 3d models, i can do that... looking for a side project to practice. I am pretty much only fluent in 3DS max but i can provide OBj or FBX files all day. I specialize in environment art... some character stuff.

Let me know.

House_1.jpg

House_2.jpg

ss_3.jpg

ss_4.jpg

ss_5.jpg

ss_6.jpg

ss_7.jpg

ss_8.jpg

ss_9.jpg

ss_10.jpg

ss_11.jpg

ss_12.jpg

ss_13.jpg

Sword.jpg

Character.jpg

Character_2.jpg

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.