Blender doesn't bake textures - and Unity doesn't show them

Started by
3 comments, last by Scouting Ninja 5 years, 7 months ago

Hi there!

Recently, I've been having problems with Blender not showing textures in unity.

It only occurs on a bunch of models that I recently did. At first I suspected the problem was the base model I created the characters from, but I tested it and it seemed ok.

The problem originates in Blender though, because I can't even bake the textures:1329908077_Screenshot(136).thumb.jpg.7aa619c96f5af2829192968ff91fa1fe.jpg

Here it only affects the UV map when I add vertices (creating this "stripy" look)...

143862156_Screenshot(137).thumb.png.0724ef3d86142c434ddb52eceb6f42d8.png 

...while this one is a complete mess

1909814156_Screenshot(135).thumb.png.c081485758ea9d0dd4954ce9c4f017dd.png

Not sure if these issues are related or different.

I'll be glad if you could help

Advertisement

It is hard to tell what you are doing from this image and what could be the problem.

If you upload the files here I can take a look for you and see what is wrong. But it will take me some time as I am very busy at the moment.

One thing that could be the problem is that you are importing materials from Blender to Unity. This won't work, because render software and realtime engines don't use similar materials.

Instead you should import meshes to Unity and build your materials in Unity.

A other common problem is transparent material in Blender, it can have problems rendering with them.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I tried to test the models on another computer, realized it didn't have unity installed, didn't have the time, in short: last few days were a mess.

Here are two files. They're the main culprits.

If you have the time, maybe have a look at them, thanks for the reply.

Asrastic man1.blend

Asrastic woman11.blend

3 hours ago, Felis Nigripes said:

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I tried to test the models on another computer, realized it didn't have unity installed, didn't have the time, in short: last few days were a mess.

Not a problem. I am very busy myself. Unfortunately I could only fix one, I hope it is enough to guide you to fixing the problem.

Immediately upon loading the model I notice the problem. It is your UV maps. You are using multiple UV maps, this is causing the same textures to blend, resulting in only the colors showing.

All of the textures also needed to be attached to it's own material and assigned to the correct place.

BakeProblem.png.be1c1d3e554a29b33319c95755073e60.png

Normally extra UV channels are a great way to do blending tricks, but here your UV maps are less than optimal. So there is no benefit from using more than one UV map and it is causing problems.

You must delete the other UV maps before baking. To bake I made a copy and deleted it's UV map, then deleted it after I was done; that way all the data is preserved.

You will see in the .Blend file that I took the time to optimize the character, it isn't great but the best I can do with the time I have. It should be 4-8 times faster now if not more and still looks the same.

Asrasticman1_BakeFix.blend

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement