Please fix article images and formatting?

Started by
3 comments, last by khawk 5 years, 3 months ago

Hi,

During a previous move to new forum software something messed up my articles and i cant seem to get them back how they used to be.

Theyre missing images and the indentation is all out of whack:

I only mention this as i recently posted a link to the article to help someone and then realised it's not right. Can someone with the correct level of database access please restore the attachments where they should be and fix the weird css issues?

Thanks! ?

Advertisement

Sure thing. Fixed!

In case anyone else comes across this post - if you see a problem with any article please report it! We can fix them very quickly.

GameDev.net has been through several major data conversions, subdomain changes for images, and more over the course of its 20 years and some of the problems slip through the cracks.

Admin for GameDev.net.

1 hour ago, khawk said:

Sure thing. Fixed!

In case anyone else comes across this post - if you see a problem with any article please report it! We can fix them very quickly.

GameDev.net has been through several major data conversions, subdomain changes for images, and more over the course of its 20 years and some of the problems slip through the cracks.

Thanks very much!

It's a shame you can't just batch convert all of them, as far as im aware all my articles from pre-2016, or whenever the last big gdnet change was, are odd like this, and i didnt want to give you a huge list of urls. I suppose i'll just do them as and when i have need to refer someone to them ?

21 hours ago, Brain said:

It's a shame you can't just batch convert all of them, as far as im aware all my articles from pre-2016, or whenever the last big gdnet change was, are odd like this, and i didnt want to give you a huge list of urls.

They were batch converted in 2016, but there are these unique cases that come up. In this article's case, for example, <li> tags weren't closed - browsers used to allow this - and the images were referencing a defunct domain URL where we used to store images.

I don't know what I can do about the <li>'s.. maybe find some kind of HTML sanitizer, but that might insert false </li>. But for the domain URL's I'm going to run a script to find and replace the bad URLs. I think I've had to do that 3 or 4 times for various URLs as they've been discovered.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement