Newbie on the block

Started by
4 comments, last by BingBong 4 years, 11 months ago

Not much to say, except I am a newbie on game development, been studying MDN Firefox, know some HTML, CSS, Java, just touching on python,, getting it down pretty good, got a ways to go on python, but I am going over some of the math right now, doesn't seem real complicated. Kind of a self taught physicist  I find it very interesting.  Would like to develop games as I get better at it. Hope to benefit from this site, kind of extra learning I need other than MDN. . And maybe help as I get better. Thanks a bunch !

Advertisement

The quote I like to toss around is, "The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know" Every day, something new, no matter how trivial, is the goal. 

Have you set any goals for what you wanna learn in Game Dev?

Welcome ?

From noob to noob, so to say.

I only have no idea about the tools you named.

And, yep, are you up to something ?

Well, I guess newbie should explain it!  My coding journey is a complicated one.  I have been studying several aspects of coding sparingly for a while.  I came across gaming while exploring HTML, CSS, and Java Script.  Use of API's on CANVAS style elements in gaming.  Rendering in web browser.  So, that is where I am basically, I kind of went this route because i have a minor background in mathematics.  And it has kind of rekindled my Math years.  In a nutshell, functions are a big part of gaming as i can see, and math is a big part of functions, and coding is a big part of computers, and here is where the adventure lies.  So maybe i can learn some more from this site. Hopefully!  Thanks a bunch!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement