• Advertisement
BingBong

Newbie on the block

Not much to say, except I am a newbie on game development, been studying MDN Firefox, know some HTML, CSS, Java, just touching on python,, getting it down pretty good, got a ways to go on python, but I am going over some of the math right now, doesn't seem real complicated. Kind of a self taught physicist  I find it very interesting.  Would like to develop games as I get better at it. Hope to benefit from this site, kind of extra learning I need other than MDN. . And maybe help as I get better. Thanks a bunch !

Advertisement
1 hour ago, BingBong said:

know some HTML, CSS, Java,

That just looks wrong. It maybe right but my OCD is eating me up inside.

Posted (edited)

Welcome 🙂

From noob to noob, so to say.

I only have no idea about the tools you named.

And, yep, are you up to something ?

Edited by Green_Baron

Well, I guess newbie should explain it!  My coding journey is a complicated one.  I have been studying several aspects of coding sparingly for a while.  I came across gaming while exploring HTML, CSS, and Java Script.  Use of API's on CANVAS style elements in gaming.  Rendering in web browser.  So, that is where I am basically, I kind of went this route because i have a minor background in mathematics.  And it has kind of rekindled my Math years.  In a nutshell, functions are a big part of gaming as i can see, and math is a big part of functions, and coding is a big part of computers, and here is where the adventure lies.  So maybe i can learn some more from this site. Hopefully!  Thanks a bunch!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!